Is it just me ??

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by JasonG, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Steve Unwin Active Member

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +84 / 0
    Good to know. We got off the water at about 11 today, and there was nothing going on. But that's the time I had to fish, so I guess it was better than nothing!
  2. Klickrolf Active Member

Klickitat, Washington
    Ratings: +138 / 0
    If your're not catching fish, either they aren't there, or you're doing something wrong or in-effective. If you don't have the determination to catch fish without a guide you aren't cut out to be a fisherman. The joy of fishing is figuring out how to make it work...on your own!
  3. 10incher Active Member

Coupeville, Washington
    Ratings: +92 / 0
    For my own part I agree with this. But I might be uncomfortable telling someone else what fishing should be for them!?!
    Freestone likes this.
  4. Jim Paget Member

Ratings: +37 / 0
    Last week was a great learning experience for me. I spent a day with a guide on the Yakima. I caught quite a few fish and learned a whole lot more. The next morning I spent an hour or so with a member of our party who teaches at a fly fishing camp for The Fly Shop in Redding, CA. I am a much better fisherman but still not a good fisherman. During a 5 day period where I fished 4 days I began to get just an inkling of what it means to fish.
    I started this activity because it is one where I can continue to learn as long as I do it. I love every moment that I am fishing, even when I am frustrated and unsuccessful.
  5. JasonG Active Member

Issaquah Wa
    Ratings: +51 / 0
    When I free up Ill send you a pm. Thanks Jason