Is it just me ??

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by JasonG, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Steve Unwin

Steve Unwin Active Member

Good to know. We got off the water at about 11 today, and there was nothing going on. But that's the time I had to fish, so I guess it was better than nothing!

2. Klickrolf

Klickrolf Active Member

If your're not catching fish, either they aren't there, or you're doing something wrong or in-effective. If you don't have the determination to catch fish without a guide you aren't cut out to be a fisherman. The joy of fishing is figuring out how to make it work...on your own!

3. 10incher

10incher Active Member

For my own part I agree with this. But I might be uncomfortable telling someone else what fishing should be for them!?!

Freestone likes this.
  4. Jim Paget

Jim Paget Active Member

Last week was a great learning experience for me. I spent a day with a guide on the Yakima. I caught quite a few fish and learned a whole lot more. The next morning I spent an hour or so with a member of our party who teaches at a fly fishing camp for The Fly Shop in Redding, CA. I am a much better fisherman but still not a good fisherman. During a 5 day period where I fished 4 days I began to get just an inkling of what it means to fish.
    I started this activity because it is one where I can continue to learn as long as I do it. I love every moment that I am fishing, even when I am frustrated and unsuccessful.

5. JasonG

JasonG Active Member

When I free up Ill send you a pm. Thanks Jason