NFR Just Deer

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Old Man, Sep 18, 2013.

1. orangeradish Bobo approved

Capital City
    Ratings: +460 / 0
    Wonder what non-resident deer tags cost in WV...

Glad you're OK, OMJ.
    GAT likes this.
  2. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,121 / 0
    Obviously, they've never heard of deer whistles in West Virginia :)
  3. Grayone Fishin' to the end, Oc.P

boring, oregon
    Ratings: +99 / 0
    "100 bucks", that's way over the limit!! Glad your safe!
  4. Ian Broadie Flyfishing is so "Metal"

Kirkland, Washington
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    I'm glad you are ok after hitting a deer, I've nearly greased two this summer and I'm not really sure how I missed either one. My sister who lived in Montana for 10 years has a theory that deer are people who have died and are in purgatory and the only way that they can leave purgatory is to dive in front of a car and die horribly (again) to pay penance for their human sins.
    plaegreid likes this.
  5. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +436 / 0
    Well I cant speak for Idaho or Oregon, but probably why Washington didn't make the list is because everyone is stuck on F'ing I-5 doing 2 mph. Shit deer go from Everett to Seattle faster than you can in your toyota!
  6. plaegreid Saved by the buoyancy of citrus

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +269 / 0

Are squirrels really stupid people who are stuck in purgatory? Or maybe people who couldn't make a decision during their lifetime?

Either way, good job on not dying, OMJ. You haven't hit 100k posts yet, you still have work to do.
  7. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +483 / 0
    Sorry I missed this, Jim. Glad you're alright.
  8. RoyS Member

Shady Cove, OR
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    [/ATTACH] RLS_1820.jpg RLS_1337.jpg Oregon not listed? Must be a typo. The dam things sleep in my yard, I am afraid I'll hit one backing out of the garage!
  9. tinman207 Active Member

Ratings: +80 / 0
    Such an elusive creature
  10. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +483 / 0
    When you're hunting, lol.
  11. airedale Member

vernon, bc
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    known up here by many as 'rats with long legs'......
  12. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,404 / 0
    Ever been to Ocean Shores. There they don't even run from you.

Got some pictures of the damage. For some reason they suck. Most of the damage was done under the auto body, and the pictures didn't come out very. Well I also took a few at home which are a little better.

I'm not smart enough or don't know how to put words under each pictures. So I will tell about them.. They made the car ready to travel they cut the bottom of the fender off on the right side so it wouldn't vibrate. I took two pictures of the fenders. The good side and the bad side. Also the picture of the radiator shows the bottom bent back(You have to look close). The dents in the hood show up good. The other stuff is small .and didn't take good pictures. Soon to be fixed.

Attached Files:

• 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      129.2 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      134.2 KB
      Views:
    • 008.JPG
      008.JPG
      File size:
      134.9 KB
      Views:
    • 011.JPG
      011.JPG
      File size:
      131 KB
      Views:
    • 012.JPG
      012.JPG
      File size:
      130.8 KB
      Views:
    • 013.JPG
      013.JPG
      File size:
      126.6 KB
      Views:
  13. Steve Vaughn Member

Richland, WA
    Ratings: +33 / 0
    Glad you are OK and got home without any further mayhem.
  14. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +350 / 0
    Just saw this, Jim. Glad you and the Mrs are ok. Sorry about your car and spoiled trip.
  15. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    I was alone. Mrs.was home safe.
  16. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +436 / 0
    Me too, sorry I should have said something before. People do get hurt in these accidents with deer at times, so I'm happy you came out healthy.
  17. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    There was a car at the body shop where I got mine fixed at. The hood was smashed down and the wind shield was all broken and it had a hole in it. It was a smaller car than mine, and it was totaled. That one the deer went up on. my hit the deer went down and under.

I should knock on wood as the speed I was going, if the deer went up I probably wouldn't be here.
  18. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +350 / 0
    Had one run out of the woods and hit my car in the tail end. I was going about 35 and I heard it knock, but no dents or broken parts. I do not know how the deer faired, because he ran into the woods on the other side. This was in a residual area. I hope that deer was the one that goes after my apple tree.
  19. Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Doo-vall
    Ratings: +261 / 0

That would be a 14 point, Jim.

And what the hell were you doing going 75 at night in deer country. People should slow down and not be in such a hurry.

At least that's what you said to me when I posted about hitting a deer on I-90 in your neck of the woods a couple years ago ;)

Glad nothing was damaged by the car.
  20. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    According to the State patrol of Minnesota, They count them all for the count on antlers. It had three on one side and four on the other. He showed me one of them that got broken off. It had four points. He said the one that stayed attached only had three points.

When I'm traveling, nothing counts except driving. But after this, somebody needs to get someplace they can take the God damn Bus.