Just got back from Duvall

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Olive bugger, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Recycling is a wonderful thing.

2. Technically it is "up-cycling" since it's piped upstream to our Tolt neighbors.

3. And then it is returned to you via the downstream flow.

How neighborly.

4. ...where our children swim in it at the downtown McCormick Park. Circle of life.

5. Just a warning, I will be going to DUVALL later today.
    I will not be wearing my tweeds, however. In fact, I probably will
    not be attired as are the residents. Looks like I might stand out
    from the crowd.

6. You sure like it there. Maybe you ought to move there.

I think I already covered this subject. It must be my advanced age that I don't remember things anymore. But I am young as I'm only 22 years from being 100 years old.

7. I'm Baaaaaaaaaaccccckkkkkk!

I feel sooooo refreshed.

8. Did you visit the waste water treatment facility while you were there?

9. I'm currently in Dallas for work. While at the hotel bar this evening, I struck up conversation with another gent enjoying a choice grain based beverage. As fate would have it, he too hails from the far off land of Duvall. We are a well traveled people.

10. Alas, I missed it. Does it have a viewing window like the locks in Ballard?

One can always spot a DUVALLIAN by their discriminating demeanor and impeccable deportment.

11. I had some friends who were deported from Duvall by the Sheriff. One of them moved to Alaska and returned about 20 years later after everyone forgot about him.

TC

12. Was his picture removed from the Post Office?

13. Dollars to doughnuts says he spotted the Duvallian by some some other attribute.

14. The fly festooned hat with Thingamabobbers and spey flies?

15. I've been stuck in Idaho for the last week and a half, with no hope of a visit to Duvall in the foreseeable future. I miss it. Even though I may go for weeks without visiting when I'm home and working in Seattle, but there's something about knowing that Duvall is close enough that I COULD go there whenever I want is comforting somehow.
    D

16. It's equally as comforting to know that I never have to leave Duvall whenever I don't want to.

I don't always leave Duvall, but when I do, it's not for long.

17. I feel your pain, Richard. I may have to make a dry run over to visit just to appease my lust for culture. Do you think my 2 wt rod would be over kill on the Snoqualmie at DUVALL?

As a resident, it could be hazardous to your mental health to stay away too long. Stay thirsty, my friend.

18. I remember when I used to go fish the Forks of the Snoqualmie, that I had to drive through Duvall to get to where I was going. It was a very small town back then. After a while I found a different way to go so I didn't have to go through there. The other side of the valley is a straight thru shot with no traffic lights . Back roads are wonderful.

19. Ah yes, and the west side of the river has such novel roads. It is a real novelty to drive some of them. Did you see the cow barns at Carnation? Another world renowned landmark!

I remember the cans of milk that my Mother bought, that carried the Carnation name. Never dreamed that I would live so close to the town. This was when I lived in southern Illinois.

20. I just found out that a local business, Match Coffee and Wine, just earned King 5's Best of Western Washington vote for favorite Wine Bar. And THAT, my friends, is part of the reason too many people pronounce it Du-VAHL. We need more beer taverns serving cheap swill in order to get back to our roots...to get back to DOO-vall.