Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Just got back from Duvall

42K views 538 replies 42 participants last post by  Olive bugger 
#1 ·
Snoqualmie is running high and dirty as sin. NO surprise there.

May be fishable by week end, but I donno.

#74 ·
I went fishing with someone from Duvall (Outer Duvall, more specifically), the other day, and found him erudite and a charming fishing companion. He also uses these special, imported, hooks to tie flies on. Paris of the west? Well, maybe so...
D
See, Culture is alive and well in Duvall. Perhaps, we will someday witness the building a a pavilion, in similar architecture to the Louvre, that houses fly fishing memorabilia and art.

Along with the gourmet dinning that is now available even as I type,
can make Duvall the Paris of the western hemisphere.

#78 ·
I am FROM Duvall. About 2 miles. That is not a lot of FROM.
That said, my weather report is much different from Evan's.
We have no fog. It is clear, a balmy, albeit, rain soaked morning,
with warm temperatures in the high 40's. I have not seen clouds of swarming insects over the water course as yet, but perhaps later in the morning after I have had my gourmet cereal and coffee.

Perhaps a BWO will find time to share the morning with me.

#81 ·
Another day, perhaps another trip to Duvall is in the cards.

What is the weather like this morning, Evan?

Any snow in the forecast?

At one time, I loved to fish in the snow. Now, not so much, but it is fun to a degree. At least until the old bones start complaining.

#85 ·
I have been entertaining the idea of going to stand in the river this week but the calendar has other ideas. Going to be a busy week.
I have no idea if the salmon have cleared the river as yet. But I should check it out to see. Maybe Friday will work for me.

#86 ·
Well, now we know folks. Good for fishing. Fish like water.
Rain is water. Rain + Water = Fish. What could be wrong with
that.
Especially when the water is the Seine River that flows through the Paris of the west... oops, I meant Snoqualmie R. through Duvall.
The region there is just so bucolic and serene, but at the same time so utterly sophisticated, it's easy to get a little carried away!

#88 ·
And that big ole cement block sitting in the river bed is inspirational.

Like a Roman ruin of some sort, only the Romans didn't make it to
Duvall. Neither did the Franks and Gauls come to think on it. At least not until after 1913. Prior to that Duvall was not Duvall.
It was something else. Hmmm, I guess it is still something else.

#90 ·
Lake Snoqualmie ain't dirty. Jim. Why folks swim in it.

ED: Update. May not get to Duvall today. Going to Everett instead.
Wrong direction. Everett is nice but since they closed down the pulp mill,
it just ain't the same. Tacoma has lost her aroma also.

#91 ·
Well, you will have to depend on Evan for the report of Duvall today.
I am headed toward the salt so I will not be going there.

Tomorrow might be your lucky day, however. I plan to visit the Paris of the West and partake of the natural beauty found there.

#93 ·
Evan is a lucky man. Visage of trees in spectacular splendor of autumn follage, mountains yearning for seasonal snow pack, skies moody with dark clouds, pushed by rough winds, allowing an occasional sunburst to peak through.....NO wait that isn't Duvall, that is Woodinville.

Different scene altogether. You can't see crap from here.

#95 ·
Just a short hop off of I-5, down State 203, along the scenic and bountiful Snoqualmie river, through Preston, Fall City, Carnation, Still Water and roll into DUVALL. WATCH YOURSELF ON THE ROUNDABOUT.

#100 ·
Wi-fi at the Duvall Coffee House!

Cutting edge technology, sumptuous dining opportunities, Gourmet coffees for the discriminating palate. Vistas of un-parallel majesty. A magnificent river surging through the farmlands, along side of quaint roadways. All of this and roundabouts also. It just keeps getting better and better,

#105 ·
Funny enough, when I was partaking in the usage of the local coffee house's technology yesterday, the table of hippies next to me were having a passionate discussion about the dangers of the 203 roundabout. It's a hot topic of discussion in these parts.
Ah, so. Obviously they are not acquainted with the gendarme stationed at the Roundabout for tourist convenience. I was struck with the opinion that the roundabout was placed there for some sort of rally racing obstacle, combined with a swift decent on Novelty Hill road, across the bridge, and around the ROUNDABOUT. A few bails of straw placed strategically along the side of the road, some spectators standing alongside of the cows, at the side of the road and, voila, you have a rally! Eat your heart out Grand Prix.

Throw in the wader and vest attired perplexed fisherman, wearing a wide brim floppy hat, with rod in hand, standing next to the bridge, wondering where all these people came from. Duvall at it's finest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.