Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Just got back from Duvall

42K views 538 replies 42 participants last post by  Olive bugger 
#1 ·
Snoqualmie is running high and dirty as sin. NO surprise there.

May be fishable by week end, but I donno.

#241 ·
The two overhand granny knot for leaders had been a leader in DUVALL for some time. That said, the recent influx of tourist has brought in foreign ideas and concepts. Now the double and triple surgeon's knot has gained market share in the community.

#244 ·
There you go folks! Hoards of cash!

Didn't know that DUVALL, the Paris of the Coast, was a
FINANCIAL CENTER, did ya?

Well, I didn't either. But now we do.

Also, you learned that you could buy a net from the garage of our very own, EVAN!

#246 ·
Cold and frost in Duvall this am. I'm afraid with an attractive fly shop that parking will become an issue. How much is it to park in the heart of downtown Duvall now? Please let us not encourage any drastic changes in this modest village.
I do not know. Perhaps Evan will institute VALET PARKING at his garage.

A new appeal to tourism. Come to DUVALL, have a sumptuous meal, enjoy the view, the cool fresh air, and buy a net from Evan.

#249 ·
Didn't make it to DUVALL today. Went to Everett instead.

Not tomorrow either. Mill Creek maybe. Have to work on my pickmeup truck and see if I can get it running so I can haul logs to the mill. Need to get the chain saw to sing also.

#251 ·
Didn't make it to DUVALL today. Went to Everett instead.

Not tomorrow either. Mill Creek maybe. Have to work on my pickmeup truck and see if I can get it running so I can haul logs to the mill. Need to get the chain saw to sing also.
I thought you were actively retired. What are you doing working your ass off for. I got sore just thinking about you working. When you get old work is for the young.

#266 ·
I've heard tell of a sect of Duvalite nuns, sworn to celibacy, and poverty, who are now ascending in years and lacking in viable healthcare options other than faith, at least until the new year turns. Rapture, they say, is still a few more years away and quite possibly "goin' off somewhere round Cherry Valley... shit's gonna get real...when Old Man Jim returns carrying the sacred Delorme of the Squiggly Blue Lines" These devout, emaciated nuns, pale from a life spent under the dense forest canopy of outer Duval(l), stealing goats, digging truffles, snaring raccoons and studying scriptures have swapped rosary beads for sawzalls. They favor a low slung multi-paneled geo metro, and proslytize river pullouts along the Sky, Stilly, Snoq, Skagit and Snoho. They are fast and agile, and, given their emaciated nature, quite capable of worshipping beneath a vehicle, delivering catalytic converters from evil and using said salvage monies for the purchasing of basic healthcare. they practice what they preach, you can hear that loose fanbelt, cc and muffler-lacking Geo Metro wail like a devil from the seventh pit of hell (ie Carnation) out over the west facing valleys and floodplains of the north Central Cascades

#268 ·
Good Morning fellow travelers. A question for our resident DUVALLIANS.

Does the metropolis have a newspaper that is printed on a regular schedule? Or is this humble thread the only pathway for Truth, Justice and the American Way to escape from the city?

#274 ·
For those that did not know, and those that had no reason to care,
DUVALL LIVES!

Brighter at night, than the Big Apple, LA, or the Vegas strip.

Can be seen from outer space at greater distances than any of the
metropolitan areas.

Well, maybe not all of the metropolitan areas. I may have gone a little overboard there.

#278 ·
Damn! It sounds like Duvall has come a long way! I vividly recall my first visit to this quaint little town at the ripe age 15. My best memory is my visit to the former drug store (I think it's now a Mexican Restaurant). Upon exiting, I was confronted by the sight of 4 - 5 locals, who were waiting in the parking lot with the intention of beating me to a pulp. Fortunately, the clerk let me and my friend escape out the back door. Later on, another group (it could have been the same people) threw eggs at us while we were sitting in a parking lot. Since then, I haven't really had much desire to spend a whole lot of time in Duvall.

#288 ·
NEWSFLASH - the Duvall Tavern is being remodeled!
A big sale of some of the fabulous nostalgia from the good-old pre - "Paris Of The West" days is taking place; http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/bfs/4140090884.html

Antiquing anyone..? Maybe Kerry's bar stool with the Harley tracks on it is still available (it was HE not I, that experienced that unfortunate event all those years ago - this is how rumors get started!).

I wonder if the lizard cage that used to house that iguana at the front entry is available?

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the tavern. Perhaps turn it into a quaint sidewalk cafe', complete with sidewalk bistro tables and complimentary parasols for the guests when the climate turns damp. It'll be interesting.
They did that sale last weekend as well. I got first pickins and got a sweet sign for my garage and some of the really nice Sam Adams tulip beer glasses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.