Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Just got back from Duvall

42K views 538 replies 42 participants last post by  Olive bugger 
#1 ·
Snoqualmie is running high and dirty as sin. NO surprise there.

May be fishable by week end, but I donno.

#346 ·
A few pages ago I mentioned that Doo-Vall not only has a state-of-the-art sewage treatment facility, but said facility is also adorned with pleasing fish art. Ignorant visitors undoubtedly think it's a fish hatchery, though I would urge said folks to not eat the brown trouts from these rearing ponds. View attachment 34905
That's beautiful!
It reminds one of the Louvre in the "other" Paris with all its unique and irreplaceable artwork.
Does the village of Doo-vall give guided tours ?

#350 ·
As I have envisioned many times, that DUVALL is the center of the cultural universe. I would move there if I were of a higher caste and permitted to do so. Alas, I am committed to the wilds of Outer Woodinville.

#355 ·
Duvall was less than stellar yesterday as I passed through. The weather was intimidating and dull. The bright sunshine and brilliant colors are pretty much gone, and rain and low scudding clouds are the norm.
The river is/was running dark and fast. It is a bit higher than it was last week. Rain will do that though. Thinking back on it, a chill passes through my soul.

A question for you Itchy Dog, when do they release those big brown hatchery fish and where?

#365 ·
Just a warning, I will be going to DUVALL later today.
I will not be wearing my tweeds, however. In fact, I probably will
not be attired as are the residents. Looks like I might stand out
from the crowd.

#366 ·
Just a warning, I will be going to DUVALL later today.
I will not be wearing my tweeds, however. In fact, I probably will
not be attired as are the residents. Looks like I might stand out
from the crowd.
You sure like it there. Maybe you ought to move there.

I think I already covered this subject. It must be my advanced age that I don't remember things anymore. But I am young as I'm only 22 years from being 100 years old.

#370 ·
Alas, I missed it. Does it have a viewing window like the locks in Ballard?

I'm currently in Dallas for work. While at the hotel bar this evening, I struck up conversation with another gent enjoying a choice grain based beverage. As fate would have it, he too hails from the far off land of Duvall. We are a well traveled people.
One can always spot a DUVALLIAN by their discriminating demeanor and impeccable deportment.

#375 ·
I've been stuck in Idaho for the last week and a half, with no hope of a visit to Duvall in the foreseeable future. I miss it. Even though I may go for weeks without visiting when I'm home and working in Seattle, but there's something about knowing that Duvall is close enough that I COULD go there whenever I want is comforting somehow.
D

#378 ·
I remember when I used to go fish the Forks of the Snoqualmie, that I had to drive through Duvall to get to where I was going. It was a very small town back then. After a while I found a different way to go so I didn't have to go through there. The other side of the valley is a straight thru shot with no traffic lights . Back roads are wonderful.

#379 ·
Ah yes, and the west side of the river has such novel roads. It is a real novelty to drive some of them. Did you see the cow barns at Carnation? Another world renowned landmark!

I remember the cans of milk that my Mother bought, that carried the Carnation name. Never dreamed that I would live so close to the town. This was when I lived in southern Illinois.

#380 ·
I just found out that a local business, Match Coffee and Wine, just earned King 5's Best of Western Washington vote for favorite Wine Bar. And THAT, my friends, is part of the reason too many people pronounce it Du-VAHL. We need more beer taverns serving cheap swill in order to get back to our roots...to get back to DOO-vall.

#382 ·
Wine Bar!
I stand behind my original statement on page one.

"About 20 yrs ago Duvall proper started on its path to being a full fledged suburban community. Its been down hill ever since."

TC

#386 ·
Itchy, I presumed that you moved there for the thriving arts community that Duvall has become, but is sounds like you've been there a long time. Now that I know that, and have come to know your craft, I suspect the art community followed you there.

For all you fans of the Duvall arts, and Itchy in particular, I have an autographed Itchy Dog original in my possession. Of course, I would never think of hanging it anywhere direct sunlight might touch it, and it cost a pretty penny to install the home security system to safeguard it, but it is all worth it!

D

#387 ·
Itchy, I presumed that you moved there for the thriving arts community that Duvall has become, but is sounds like you've been there a long time. Now that I know that, and have come to know your craft, I suspect the art community followed you there.

For all you fans of the Duvall arts, and Itchy in particular, I have an autographed Itchy Dog original in my possession. Of course, I would never think of hanging it anywhere direct sunlight might touch it, and it cost a pretty penny to install the home security system to safeguard it, but it is all worth it!

D
You flatter me, Dick. Won't hardly be able to fit my head thru the door of the Wine bar, now.

Closing in on 24 years of Duvall livin', which seems like a long time, but not compared to many others who have the fertile valley soil in their DNA.

#389 ·
To youse that live in that big town. I have a question for you.That big yellow barn that sits along the road out of town going south. Is it still there. I thought that I had read some place that they were going to move it when I lived in Washington. Did they ????? Or did they just tear it down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.