Lake Martha

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by jbrodie, Feb 4, 2003.

1. jbrodie

jbrodie New Member

Don't know why my earlier post reads the way it does. Let's try again. Going to Lake Martha, in the Lake Goodwin area tomorrow. If anyone wants to say hello I'll get there about 11:00 AM. If you see a blue F-250 with a canopy in the lot I'll be in the lake in a float tube or a pontoon boat. jbrodie:smokin

2. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

Boy if I wasn't thinking about river fishing I would like to give that a shot. At 1100 you say. Hummmmmm. It sure do sound interesting. And The weather will be nice. Sun shining And probably warm also. Maybeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.:dunno

Jim

3. jbrodie

jbrodie New Member

Jim that's the way I see it. A pleasant day floating around drowning buggers and chironomids. Hope to see you, Jim.:smokin

4. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

You talked me into it. I'll see you there. I'll be driving a gun metal gray 92 Subaru with a baseball guy on the antenna,and my pontoon boat is a Alpine by Buck's Bags. and Since I don't want to take it apart I carry it on top of my car. So if you see a pontoon boat driving down the road don't shoot it. Since the rivers don't want to yield any fish to me,I will try the lakes.

Jim

P/S I can drag a fly aroung with the best of them.

5. jbrodie

jbrodie New Member

Great, I look forward to seeing you in the morning, if you can call 11:00 the morning. However letting it warm up a little can only work to our advantage. Maybe we will see a little chironomid hatching happen. Jim. Or should I say Jim #2?:smokin

6. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Well see what happens when I get there on what to call each other. It might be nice or not nice. Besides I'm older and I should be #1:professor or:dunno
    But when I fish I don't do any of this:beer1 :beer2 :beer1

Jim

P/s If anything I write comes out funny looking is that I got my eyes checked and it takes a long time to get rid of all the drops. I still can't see very good. It is a good thing there is a place to edit this stuff. Cause before I send it looked awful.

Jim

7. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Well I went to Lake Martha today with Jbrodie. Had the same luck that I have when I'm river fishing. You would think that there were seals in there for the lack of anything to hit. The fog didn't lift until about noon. After the sun finally came out so did the wind. So we didn't stick around too long.Would like to try that lake again after it warms up just a little more.

Jim