Lamiglas "honey" #3 FL843-6 backpacking rod

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by Greg Holt, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Greg Holt Active Member

camano island, wa.
    Ratings: +54 / 0
    P1010137.JPG Rod has been sold, information left up for the general benefit of the group. The title should tell you most of what you'd need to know, but here's a bit more:

Seven foot, six piece, 3 weight honey colored e-glass (I think that's what they called this series),
    Reversed half-wells grip, dark impregnated wood seat with gunsmoke rings and winding check,
    Wrapped in red with black accents, single foot guides, ceramic single-foot stripper guide, spigot ferrules. Length of sections, approximately 15-1/2", cased length 17".

I built this about six years ago, fished it several times in the hills and on some local lakes, but simply have too many rods getting too little use.

I also modified a 16" butt section of an older bamboo rod including reel seat and handle by turning down the spigot to match up with the 2nd rod section, creating a 5' 8" "crick" rod with a noticeably faster action ( and the bamboo color tone is a great match to the blank sections), and this butt section is included in the package, alsong with a sock and home made tubular case.

Those who are familiar with this series of rods know that they are discontinued, rarer by the year, but durable and a lot of fun to cast in a relaxed style.

I believe $200 plus a bit of shipping to be a fair price. If you agree, jump in, I only have one of these.

Disclaimer:
    I'm an "old fart", and not schooled at selling on such a forum as this, but you'll find me honorable to the extreme.
    Greg
  2. NewTyer1 Banned or Parked

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Ratings: +29 / 1
    Greg, sent you a PM on this rod
  3. Yak Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Is this rod still available or sold?
  4. Greg Holt Active Member

camano island, wa.
    Ratings: +54 / 0
    Good question, Yak. I received a message while out of town over Easter weekend, and I believe a deal is pending. I will post here in a few days or less one way or the other. Thanks for the interest.
    Greg
  5. NewTyer1 Banned or Parked

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Ratings: +29 / 1
    Payment has been sent