Lamiglas "honey" #3 FL843-6 backpacking rod

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by Greg Holt, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Greg Holt

Greg Holt Active Member

P1010137.JPG Rod has been sold, information left up for the general benefit of the group. The title should tell you most of what you'd need to know, but here's a bit more:

Seven foot, six piece, 3 weight honey colored e-glass (I think that's what they called this series),
    Reversed half-wells grip, dark impregnated wood seat with gunsmoke rings and winding check,
    Wrapped in red with black accents, single foot guides, ceramic single-foot stripper guide, spigot ferrules. Length of sections, approximately 15-1/2", cased length 17".

I built this about six years ago, fished it several times in the hills and on some local lakes, but simply have too many rods getting too little use.

I also modified a 16" butt section of an older bamboo rod including reel seat and handle by turning down the spigot to match up with the 2nd rod section, creating a 5' 8" "crick" rod with a noticeably faster action ( and the bamboo color tone is a great match to the blank sections), and this butt section is included in the package, alsong with a sock and home made tubular case.

Those who are familiar with this series of rods know that they are discontinued, rarer by the year, but durable and a lot of fun to cast in a relaxed style.

I believe $200 plus a bit of shipping to be a fair price. If you agree, jump in, I only have one of these.

Disclaimer:
    I'm an "old fart", and not schooled at selling on such a forum as this, but you'll find me honorable to the extreme.
    Greg

2. NewTyer1

NewTyer1 Banned or Parked

Greg, sent you a PM on this rod

3. Yak

Yak Member

Is this rod still available or sold?

4. Greg Holt

Greg Holt Active Member

Good question, Yak. I received a message while out of town over Easter weekend, and I believe a deal is pending. I will post here in a few days or less one way or the other. Thanks for the interest.
    Greg

5. NewTyer1

NewTyer1 Banned or Parked

Payment has been sent