Lenice pontoon accessible without wheel?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by beaverton, Nov 10, 2008.

1. beaverton

beaverton New Member

I want to fish Lenice or Nunnally with my pontoon boat, but I do not have cart or wheel for it. Will I be able to make it in to either of them? I would be willing to carry it if it wasnt to far.

Thanks for any feedback

2. sharpshooter223

sharpshooter223 Member

hehehe, me and my dad tried this in the spring, it was hard work but we made it. of course we had a person carrying the front and a person carrying the back because with everything on it we wouldnt have been able to balance it alone. i would not recommend this way because a.) it takes a long time, b.) hard to carry it alone. i say spend the money if there is a wheel for your pontoon, or spend the money for the materials to make one, its what i ended up doing and now i can't wait for spring to come to fish these lakes for real.

3. beaverton

beaverton New Member

Yeah, I figured Lenice would be a strech. On my atlas it does not show a road going to Nunnally either, is this a hike in gig as well? If so is the walk any shorter?

4. toadthedry

toadthedry Member

It is shorter into lenice by a good amount and the path is much better. You could easily get pontoons into lake lenore but that is a different fishery.
    Mike

5. Wayne Kohan

Wayne Kohan fish-ician

Media:
    Dude, it is worser at Nunally. Rocks, sand, sagebrush, rattlers, ticks, scorpions. With the sand I don't even like to take my toon there, but I'm getting older. Use the tube at Nunally.

Wayne

6. beaverton

beaverton New Member

Thanks for the forewarning fellas

7. Keith Hixson

Keith Hixson Active Member

I'm an old man and I carry my pontoon in. Going up the sand hill when leaving is a bummer. I also do a lot of walking and hiking for exercise. I wish the lake was a little closer but it can be done without a wheel.

Keith

8. Denny

Denny Active Member

Media:
    The buddy system works; as noted by others, one takes the back, one takes the front. A friend of mine and have done this a few times; we stack the pontoon boats on top of one another. It's a challenge, but when the going gets tough, the tough go fishing! Or something like that . . .

9. Keith Hixson

I did that the last time, it does make things easier.

Keith

10. Mike Wilson

Mike Wilson Yakbowbw

Media:
    I use a wheel barrow. Worked fine so far, and I have one that fits in the trailer without any hassle. No one seems to want to steal it as all the people at the lake are interested in fishing, not working.

11. beaverton

beaverton New Member

I went to check it out and the hike is not bad at all. Thanks for all the replies

12. jcalderon

jcalderon Member

Media:
    I once carried my 10' creek company pontoon with steel frame to nunally..........alone.......

I needed help on the way back.......... and im 6'4 285lbs.................. i would reccomend the use of some sort of wheel device.

13. Dryguy

Dryguy New Member

All,
    I use a pack frame lashed to the underside of the pontoon frame. It is a little heavy and gets to rocking when the wind kicks up, but it works quite well.

14. Jim Reed

Jim Reed member

Back in the 70's when i was about 13 or so My dad and my brothers used to haul our 12' jon boat into Nunnally on the old road at the west end. I even used to float the creek going out to lessen to haul. Once we even hauled in a little 10' wooden boat that weighed a ton, we drifted to the far end with a strong wind and promptly left the boat in the trees for later use. Somehow it disappeared i wasn't to sad about that. Many good memories of fishing there. Haven't gone much since all the vehicle break-ins. Jim

15. Sean Beauchamp

Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Media:
    I'm 6' 1" and 165lbs of pure steel. I carried a fully inflated watermaster han solo down into Dusty Lake and back with a backpack filled with gear and food. Lenice and nunnally cant be any worse than that.

Mostly just felt like bragging really. tidings!

16. PT

PT Physhicist

6' 170#. I carry my Skookum Osprey into Lenice by myself all the time. I pick it up, balance the inside of the pontoon on top of my head and start walking. No problems unless it's blowing 30+. Then I go back and grab my backpack with oars, anchor, rods, Jose C., bad cigars, lunch, etc. It takes about 1/2 hour but what the heck. My dog needs the exercise and so do I.

Then I fish in comfort all day.

17. Keith Hixson

Ah a man after my own heart.

Keith

18. Couleeflyfisher

Couleeflyfisher Member

19. bkorbol

bkorbol Member

My advice would be to invest in some wheels. Lot's of folks have designed their own wheels for pontoons. I am sure if you asked they would share their designs.

20. Gatorator

Gatorator Member

I lived in Moses Lake in the late 60's and we used to be able to drive into Dusty. Also into Lenice, Bobby and Nunally. I take it you can't do that anymore.

Used to be able to shoot Pheasants in the Sugar Beet fields until your arms dropped off also.:thumb: