NFR Look what I fished up this morning

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Nathan Weston, Jun 29, 2014.

1. I was testing out a Tenkara set up this morning on Whatcom creek when I came across 10 car batteries in the stream. Most of the time I not too shocked by what I find along and in the stream but this was well beyond the usual crap.
    This section of the stream runs parallel to a bunch of car dealerships and has it far share of homeless camps. Someone must of been stealing the batteries from the dealerships and stashing them for later. Why they hid them in the stream and not in the bushes still baffles me.
    I was able to fish them all out and pack them back to the truck with the help of a old back pack that I found. Thank fully all but for one was still sealed.

Those Black square blocks in the stream are not rocks

IMG_0800.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

2. Good for you!

3. and thanks.

4. That's messed up:mad: Good on you for getting rid of the toxic hazard, Nate. That's a lot of core charges.

5. Way to go that is "above and beyond"

6. Thats walking the talk brother.

Andrew Shoemaker and Kent Lufkin like this.
  7. WTF is wrong with people? Oh wait, maybe it's a new steelhead recharging station.

Nice work dude, you are now soaked in fishy karma. Thanks!

8. Good on ya!

9. You just won a free boat ride! When and where you want. Just name it.

smc, sean_k, Dan Nelson and 3 others like this.
  10. Could someone be disposing of old batteries improperly rather than paying the recycle fee. Good Job! But I wonder if a call to the police might have also been in line.

Trigg
    ~~~~

11. BRAVO!!
    You are a good man.

12. Way to go Nathan!

13. Strong work right there. I'm with Jeff on this one. Free boat ride fishing the Skagit for searuns this fall. Let me know when you want to go. I have a 17 foot sled ready to fish.

smc and Rob Hardman like this.
  14. Still should have a chat with the LE folks. Storage areas can be more secure, obviously. F&@ktards.

Many thanks for your hard work.

15. Thanks. I'm sure it wasn't easy hauling them back to your truck.

16. Thank you for cleaning up that mess . What the f#ck is wrong with people.

17. Thanks Nathan for stepping up and doing the right thing.

18. I have picked up so much disgusting crap from that creek and packed it to a dumpster. But I can't say I've ever had a haul like that. Good for you man.

Next time you end up with a job that size, hit me up and I'll come help.

19. A++... good job! Car tires and bed frames are bad enough, but car batteries... seriously?

20. More like, good for everyone and the stream and it's inhabitants as well.