MA9 beaches?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Cole L, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Cole L Fish Fiend

Bellingham
    Ratings: +38 / 0
    Help me! planning on getting out on tuesday to mukilteo/edmonds area for morning to noon. What beaches should I hit? and on a side note, I have a cabin on whidbey, what beaches for there too?
  2. Peter Pancho Active Member

Gig Harbor,WA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    wow dude, aren't we demanding for someone who has only posted 9 times on wff? Pt no Pt seems to be the most popular spot for newbies. Silvers will start showing up soon...
    wadin' boot likes this.
  3. Cole L Fish Fiend

Bellingham
    so do you think I should just throw clousers at them? or should I tie up something a bit smaller?
  4. John Weston Member

Ratings: +11 / 0
    Dude are you new?

Outlaw
  5. Cole L Fish Fiend

Bellingham
    New to the internet? Sure.
  6. TC I live with wind knots

Bothell, WA
    Ratings: +9 / 0
    Clousers of various colors (white, pink, chartreuse) will work fine Cole. Exploring to find the right beach is half the fun. Try all of them that will have access. You will see plenty of fly fishers and gear chuckers no matter what beach you end up on, so ask plenty of questions. Most are happy to share info in person, but few are willing to offer up specific spots on this forum. the best thing to do is get a map and look for the beech parks that have parking lots and a stream that flows into the bay, and are rocky. You'll have success. And don't worry the guys that give you crap on here for asking. We all gotta learn somehow. Don't ever be afraid to ask.
  7. Peter Pancho Active Member

Gig Harbor,WA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    #4-6 white over pink dumbell clousers on floater or better, type 1 sink tip and your moiney
  8. Cole L Fish Fiend

Bellingham
    Thanks TC and Peter!
  9. Tacoma Red Active Member

Kitsap
    Ratings: +220 / 0
    Well Cole at least you've found the right community to assist you in your goals.
  10. John Weston Member

Cole, I was just wondering if you were new to pinks. didn't mean to sound like I was giving you crap. I use a modified slim woolly bugger and will be trying out some pink turds. will be at Brown's point with a ton of others. let the fun begin. good luck and tight lines.
    Outlaw
  11. Phil Fravel Friendly

Bonney Lake
    Ratings: +87 / 0
    Welcome to the board Cole
  12. rory Go Outside

Maple Leaf, WA
    Ratings: +147 / 0
    How was the fishing? Can WFF members stay at your cabin on Whidbey?
  13. Cuttbow82 Member

Renton, WA.
    Ratings: +25 / 0
    Anyone know if Lagoon Point (west side of Whidbey Island) would be any good? There is a small public access there. And yes, I am new to pinks (at least on fly rod) and forum. Thanks in advance for any input! :)
  14. DimeBrite MA-9 Beach Stalker

Marine Area 9
    Ratings: +258 / 0
    Lagoon is very crowded and you need permission to fish outside the tiny "public" beach area.
  15. Cole L Fish Fiend

Bellingham
    I went with a friend today and decided to hit the cedar instead. Going to Whidbey this weekend! Does anybody know how south Whidbey is fishing right now?
  16. John Weston Member

welcome cuttbow and carl to the forum. lot's of stuff on here. I keep reading, it'll take me a long time to read all. but I am old so probably won't finnish.
    Outlaw
  17. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +323 / 0
    Fish are around now. Lagoon will be busy. There is North Lagoon and South Lagoon. North has more room.