Martin Aut' Fish Reel No.2

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by Bothellfisher, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Bothellfisher

Bothellfisher New Member

I am trying to figure out if anybody has any information on this reel. It was my grandfathers and has been siting in a box for years. It still works even. So from what I can find it shows a U.S. Pat date of Oct 9, 1923 and has "No.2" around the outside edge. I am just trying to see if there is a market for these and what its value would be... Any and all feedback is appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Bothellfisher

Bothellfisher New Member

3. Greg Armstrong

Greg Armstrong Active Member

You might get some feedback from the ORCA forum (Old Reel Collectors Assoc').
    I don't think there's a lot of value in the old automatics, but I could be wrong about the reel that was your Grandfathers. It may be worth more because it has the original box, which always adds value.

I have a few old bamboo rods left to me by family members. They have sentimental value for me, as I'm sure your Grandfather's reel has for you also. I've fished with a few of them as I thought it would be fitting - caught some fish with them too. It might be fun to take your Granddad's reel out and catch a fish or two with it!

4. Bothellfisher

Bothellfisher New Member

Thank you for the feedback Greg. Much appreciated. I have another reel of my grandfather's that I have used to catch fish. I think this automatic reel just seems too difficult to even want to sue. Thank you though.