middle fork humpqualamie

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by Evan Virnoche, Aug 2, 2013.

1. So i played hooky from work today since my biss was outof town.
    After stopping at pacific fly fishers to pick up running line, skagit 275short and a sweet patagonia that screams tough guy but shows i care about our earth i headed out for some swinging!

After the hour drive to the humpqualamie i arrived to singler handers working the hole from the otherside. On the 6th cast the line went tight after a broad side swing and it was game fucking on! I landed abeautiful 8-10 lb buck!

After snapping a quick shitty photo and cleaning the jizz out of my pants i waljed down river toanother fishy. Looking hole. There was already another swinger doing work so i asked if i could wade in on top and he said have at it. On about the 11th cast the line went taugjt and starting screaming off the reel. This fucking steelhead was a monster! After about 2 mins of him taking off on me i couldbt reel in anymore. I looked down to see my running line coiled around my butt section and reel. As i tried to free the running line mr fishy jumped and was off. That little bit of slack was the deal breaker for me. After a couple of fux and cursing out loud i sat there for about 5 mins and pondered what had just happened. 2 fish in 20 mimutes on the swing. My heartbeat was going faster than gold.bar tweaker on crystal meth.

Thus was my first steel on the swing on a fly rod and my first native too boot. Words cannot explain the stoke level rl i have right now

Attached Files:

2. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Other dude's going to post about how some fly guy a-hole came in and picked his pocket.

J/K. Nice work dude!

3. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Heck yeah, now just ignore the flamers for dare naming the river you were fishing.

BASS_TURDS likes this.
  4. golfman44

golfman44 Coho Queen

KNice man... That's awesome. First that pontoon and now this. Only thing left is the fabled pink on a 40.

5. Jason Rolfe

Jason Rolfe Wanderer

Damn dude. That's fantastic. Nice work.

You get that new toon in the water yet?

J

6. I have not.

The guy a high holed was cool as eff and we knew alot of the same people and swapped numbwrs for a steelheadin man date

7. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Wheres the HumpQualamie,I can't find it on my map!!!

8. Its where the humptulips and snoqualmie converge in the puget sound its a pretty wide deep pool

Kcahill likes this.
  9. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

Oh that spot, I thought maybe you were even a worse speller than me.

10. Danielocean

Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Nice job. :mad:

11. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Excellent work. Best part is you did it on your own and no poll was required. ;)

BASS_TURDS likes this.
  12. gabe0430

gabe0430 Banned or Parked

Looks like that new Patagonia hat will have to be the lucky hat for now on!

13. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Hot shit sir!

And quit lying. Everyone knows that's a Cedar river Pinook.

14. Richard Torres

Richard Torres Active Member

Its about
    Its about friggin time you popped that cherry BT! Thought you were going to have to get someone "Guide" you into one. Nicely done!

15. Or the 7 from taco bell sub beef soft taco

16. gabe0430

gabe0430 Banned or Parked

Or a trip to PFF before every trip...Joe and Michael would like that

17. I stop in there like 5 times A week. They prolly think i live in a cardboard bix out. Back by the trashcans

David Dalan likes this.
  18. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

I bet that feels good eh? Kinda like first time with the coke and ho's! Seriously though, congrats!

BASS_TURDS and Stonefish like this.
  19. Jamie Wilson

Jamie Wilson Active Member

Nice work BT
    Keep at it!!!

BASS_TURDS likes this.
  20. Danielocean

Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

I am there about as much as you are. I am surprised you and have not ran into each other yet.