monthly photo thread (?)

Discussion in 'Photography / Video' started by Michael Thompson, Jul 8, 2009.

1. yea i usally try to base it on the dara. 0-255. the laptop is a scary demon for photo editing but i make due

2. Very nice photos!! John
    Are you a light beer enthusiastic ... : P
    I AM!

3. ____________________

4. Bump...........
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Hey, Randal, that's some great stuff. I tshought I liked the drift boat photo the best until I saw the fish.
    Nice work, great colors, good composition. Thanks.

6. Been shooting since 1962 and never heard of dara 0-255 enlighten us

7. its a typo, digital files can be looked at as a range of data from 0-255, 0 being black 255 being white. the dynamic range of the chip.

8. iagree, I love that blue poking out of its mouth.

9. Thanks guys. That blue fly has been one of my main go to flies over the years for summer runs. Couple more........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Nice! Yeah, blue is hard to beat for me as well. I like the scales on the back in the last photo you posted, awesome pictures Randall. What a beautiuflly colored summer run.

11. [​IMG]

Jergenscsquad and Troy rerigging on the lower bighole last week

12. some great images in this thread.

13. Hey Folks. Cool thread. My wife and I are just starting to get serious about our pictures. This looks like a great forum to get info and advice. here's a few of our recent shots. Give us feedback, please.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. ^^^ What a beut of a Brown!

15. Chopaka Rams

Here's a couple of shots we took from Belize last week.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both Bonefish pictures were taken without flash. The difference in ambient light makes the fish seem to be completely different colors. Any tips on brightening up shots without flash?

16. Nice shots Dave. Looks like a great trip.

17. Chopaka Rams

larger aperture or slower shutter speed or higher ISO or brighten in post processing.

18. Chopaka Rams

Here are a few shots from the past 2 weekends. Sorry the photo quality isn't the best as this was just with my Panasonic TS2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]