Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

monthly photo thread (?)

135K views 753 replies 177 participants last post by  Kilchis 
#1 ·
im not sure if the idea of a photo thread was shot down, or simply forgotten so i will throw one out, and maybe the thread will take off, cuz i liked the idea.

attached is the token beverage scenery shot.

#437 ·
I used to live in California's High Desert, in Susanville. Where is that place Robert? It looks cool.
Way south of there, TE. Just north of Mojave, entering California City. There's about an Acre of this stuff, very cool. I lived in Susanville (Standish) in 94 & 95; love the Warners and some of those reservoirs in BFE will surprise you.

#450 ·
Last thing some fish see.
I can see now why the heron (it is a heron right?) is such an effective predator of fish, you can see just how easy they can get downgaze, and rather than have a tube for a neck, it is far more like an axe head, to split the water open with minimal resistance. Never thought of it that way, always pictured the eyes more above the skull meridian and the neck as just a pipe...

#451 ·
I can see now why the heron (it is a heron right?) is such an effective predator of fish, you can see just how easy they can get downgaze, and rather than have a tube for a neck, it is far more like an axe head, to split the water open with minimal resistance. Never thought of it that way, always pictured the eyes more above the skull meridian and the neck as just a pipe...
Yes, it's a Great Blue Heron. That shot surprised (and taught) me as well. It was looking up at an overhead flock of geese when I snapped the picture. I had no idea until processing the images that the eyes could look down like that. Despite the overhead distraction, it was able to keep its eyes on me the entire time. I'd never have known that sticking with the classic view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.