NFR My 2 favorite picts

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by royalcoach, May 14, 2014.

1. royalcoach

royalcoach Active Member

My brother with the ice salmon....
    And my dad with ice auger xmas...
    I miss both of them...

Love your family my flyfishing bruddas !
    Carry on and God Bless and Tight Lines ! auger.jpg fish2.jpg

2. Porter

Porter Active Member

Downer, sad, but true! and sorry for your loss.

triploidjunkie likes this.
  3. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Media:
    I know. I just got a call from my brother today, who used to be my best fishing partner. One summer we vowed to use our whole summer break to fish every single day, and we nearly achieved that goal! Even over twenty years later it's one of my most memorable summers, and there's been plenty since. So, my brother who is in town for two weeks, calls me up right after I get home from work. He knows I fish alot, so he asked for some hot spots to take his kid fishing tomorrow. I give him the where-to and where-not to go spots. The very instant I hit End Call I felt a twinge! I hit re-dial. "Hey! What time you fishing? If you hit it in the afternoon, I can join you after work," I say. He mentions that him, the wife and kid planned to be there after I got off.
    So for the first time in well over a decade, I get to fish with my first fishing partner! And for a split second, I almost didn't make it happen.

4. Brian White

Brian White Recovering Bugmeister

Further from MT than I'd like (B-vue, WA)
    My uncle, who taught me to fly fish, who had a huge part in raising me, who is the majority owner of our family fishing property in MT and who remains my main fishing partner and my closest family relative, is fighting a very tough battle with pancreatic cancer. I am heading out to MT to see him over the weekend and into early next week. I'm hoping to be able to get him out on the water even if briefly - will depend upon how he is feeling.

Pancreatic cancer is brutal. My bigger-than-life and incredibly fit/vibrant uncle has lost 30+ pounds in the two months since being diagnosed and is struggling through the pain just to speak on the telephone. This is a guy who got in approx 250 days of fishing last year alone, all while working on another cabin on the property, serving on board of multiple philanthropic orgs, traveling with my aunt, etc.

Just a few months ago he was planning his trip to fish Kamchatka this summer and our trip to Chile in early 2015. Those trips are no longer a possibility.

I'm struggling to reconcile a lot of things at moment. I apologize for somewhat hijacking this thread. Didn't think I would end up posting about this in a public forum but this just came out. I don't emote a lot, but will say that this whole situation sucks it.

ganglyangler and triploidjunkie like this.