NFR Need computer repair shop near Seattle

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Mark Yoshida, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Mark Yoshida Active Member

Seattle WA
    Ratings: +67 / 1
    Last week I posted that my computer is shutting down after being on for a while. It still continues!
    Lacking computer skills to determine the problem and after cleaning out the dust bunnies anyone have a recommendation for a shop in or near Seattle?
    I can always check online, but thought if anyone had actual recommendations I would appreciate it.

Thanks
    Mark
  2. Greg Armstrong Active Member

Pugetropolis
    Ratings: +359 / 0
    Have taken ours to Harddrives NW in Bellevue (Overlake area) a few times with excellent service and results.
    No relationship to them other than being a satisfied customer.
  3. Citori Piscatorial Engineer

Federal Way, WA
    Ratings: +121 / 0
    I have a Lenovo ThinkPad, and it started doing the same thing. Turned out to be a fan problem. Fan died, cpu heated, shut down to protect itself. Culprit is likely dust, but you can't get to it to clean it, and by the time mine started failing, it was too late. They did fix mine while I waited, they happened to have the part in stock, for around $240 if memory serves.... I went to Sound Microsystems in Redmond and was quite happy with them. In fact, I ended up buying a new computer for my wife from them. No relationship other than as a satisfied customer.
  4. rory Go Outside

Maple Leaf, WA
    Ratings: +191 / 0
    Apple has always worked well for me. (Posted from a Chromebook.)
  5. Mark Yoshida Active Member

Seattle WA
    Ratings: +67 / 1
    Thanks for the replies. It's always better to hear from people that have actual experience with a company both good or bad.