New phwff CEO

Discussion in 'Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing' started by P.Dieter, Jun 27, 2013.

1. P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Seattle.
    Ratings: +153 / 0
    Anyone else find her professional bio surprising for this position?

Just a casual observation and discussion.
  2. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +689 / 5

Why's that?
  3. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Or do you mean she has qualifications to run it lol
  4. P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Seattle.
    I guess I mean a fine art background coupled with creative director licensing PGA swag, and a director of a nonprofit visual arts school, translating into CEO of PHWFF seems like a stretch. Was there really no one better qualified to run the national organization? I'm not even suggesting it needs to be a veteran...but then again could we not find someone who has been involved in phw from that end qualified to run it?

But I see nonprofits make hard to understand hiring decisions on a regular basis.
  5. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.

Paul, you must have read some small bio online, but not all of it. Yes, you're right on her stats, BUT she HAS been a volunteer with PHWFF for quite awhile now up in Virginia. She's far from new to the system. So she's seen how the organization runs. She has the experience running a charity organization, and she's what the system needs to tap into other avenues for donations and the likes.
  6. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    BTW, she has had excellent reviews from vets, volunteers, and RC's in the area. Sounds like a winner to me. :)
  7. P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Seattle.
    Oh I read all of it.

Even between the lines.
  8. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    LOL, well I do know some of the RC's and volunteers over there. She's been involved, not just as a showpiece.
  9. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Plus, it's the way of the world anymore, she's probably has more knowledge of the organization then a lot of CEO's who take over big corporations and other "non profit" organizations. I know personally of a very big corporation who's being run by a guy who's never done the job, or any job in relation to it. But seems to be steering the ship ok. LOL kinda. ;)
  10. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +412 / 0
    I don't know this lady or her background at all, so my comments are just generalizations.
    I see NFP's hiring people off the 'B' team all the time as well. They usually don't have the budget to pay for talent, or the board isn't willing to kick down money to keep talent at least somewhat happy and around.

I've also found the people that generally sit on boards of NFP's are usually the ones that are willing to show up, not so much the ones that skilled and financially saavy. Getting around their sophomoric understanding of complex issues, at times, is enough to piss off the pope.
  11. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Here's a link to the announcement

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/...tml?soid=1102142674638&aid=BLwbYlNcR9Y#fblike

Unfortunately anymore, even for profit companies hire "B team" CEO's too. I've seen it a lot through my job. Usually they only last a bit, and then they move on. She does have a lot more experience with PHWFF then the last CEO by far. I personally see it as a good fit. If you knew the inside workings of PHWFF, and know the military as well and what's going on with OEF, then you'd know a change is needed of this sort to keep the organization going into the future.