New tying room decoration

Discussion in 'Arts and Literature' started by Gary Knowels, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Gary Knowels

Gary Knowels Active Member

I found this at an antique store at pike place market today. I'm going to frame it and put it up on the wall in my tying room. Thought you guys might like to see.
    uploadfromtaptalk1376289976797.jpg

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G

2. GAT

GAT Active Member

Neat idea!

3. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

My significant other collects canning labels\fruit box sides etc. there is some pretty cool content if you dig around in the boxes at antique stores.

Gary Knowels likes this.
  4. Matthew Kaphan

Matthew Kaphan Active Member

This one hangs in my home:

[​IMG]

This is by Marion Peck. I have a lot of her husband's work, Mark Ryden, in my home as well. Their styles are similar.

M

Bradley Miller likes this.
  5. Gary Knowels

Gary Knowels Active Member

That's exactly what I was doing, and for less than $10 each, I thought it was a great inexpensive way to add some colorful content to the man cave.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G

Kcahill likes this.
  6. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

I actually have a bunch of old Field and Streams and Sports Afield (think that's what it's called). There are quite a few covers I've been tempted to have framed and hung.

7. GAT

GAT Active Member

Sports Afield was the first of the US hunting and fishing publications and during the good ol days, it had the most class. It was considered a feather in your outdoor freelance cap if you sold a feature article to Sports Afield.

I contributed almost monthly to Frank Golad's Almanac section but could never manage to sell a feature article.

When Sports Afield went belly up, new company bought the Sports Afield name and dedicates the magazine to articles in regards to hunting exotic animals. The new publication is nothing like the original in the least. It's too bad they use the same name.

Some of the Sports Afield magazines are considered collectibles so you may want to check out the worth of an old issue (retailed for 10 cents) before turning the cover into wall art.

http://www.identicards.com/productcart/pc/Sports-Afield-c2021.htm

8. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

I was thinking that. Actually, I didn't plan to cut them apart. I was going to leave magazine intact and have matte built around it. I don't like damaging things like that.

9. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

They make specific mats for that out of a foam board, they are meant for comic books so it should be the same size.

Jerry Daschofsky likes this.
  10. Norm Frechette

Norm Frechette Googlemeister

11. GAT

GAT Active Member