Newbie Help....Please

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by fishjak, Mar 23, 2013.

1. fishjak New Member

WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    New to the spey world. Have fished single hand for numberous years, but finally decided to step up to the big league. Went out with the new rod today (7wt Beulah Platium, running 540gr skagit head), and need advice on anchor placement. Can't seem to load the rod very well. Any advice are welcome!!!

Does anyone know if they still do the spey get together on Saturday mornings in Cardnation at the mouth of the Tolt river?
  2. Steve Saville Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +293 / 1
    Yes, the Day on the River is still going. I saw a Facebook post yesterday from Aaron and Bob Meiser was an attendee. It's a heck of a program. Three hours of casting practice with instuction every SAturday, no cost except to get there.
  3. fishjak New Member

WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Steve-
    Thanks for the reply. I just googled it and i take it is ran by River Run Angler's. So pretty much just show up with your gear and be a good listener. When you state "no cast except to get there," all the helpful instructions are all volunteer work? Or do you give your instructor(s) a gratuity at the end of the day?

I have always wanted to go to an event like this, but have always thought you had to be a member or part of the organization. I'll probably show up next Saturday, with an eager to learn from the pros!