NF Stilly floaters

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Evan Virnoche, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Was hoping to link up with someone who has floated the river. I am comfortable on the sticks however I never floated the stilly before. Would anyone be willing to let me follow you down the river?

Was thinking Sweed heaven bridge to C-post which by mapquest driving is 6.8 miles give or take.
    Would Whitman be a good option as well?

I have tried looking on google for existing hazards listed such as king country provides. Does anyone have a link for Snohomish county?

2. I float that river a lot. I'd be able to go on a Monday.

3. I gotta work Monday and I have playoffs in my hockey league. ill shoot you a pm and grab your number for the future. Are u aware of any immediate hazards?

I spotted a nasty log jam before oso bridge that was not there back in January. Would require portage for sure.

4. Just be careful. When in doubt...scout it out before committing. The river is always changing. Someone drowned below the mouth of Deer Creek just a few weeks ago. I think their raft got hung up on a log jam. Don't know the details. I think this was before the river was open to fishing.

5. I met a gentleman floating from Whitehorse down the other day that mention a gnarly log jam just below the fast skinny riffle down from Deer Creek. I will most likely do Whitehorse to C post and just take it nice and slow tomorrow

6. Bass_Turds,

I've floated the Stilly from Swede Haven to Stanwood in my canoe. Not all in one float. And quite a few years ago. Piece of cake. Log jams and sweepers come and go, so pay attention whether it's your first float or one-hundredth.

Sg

BASS_TURDS likes this.