NFR: And now wolves in the Teanaway drainage

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Lugan, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Vladimir Steblina

Vladimir Steblina Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working

Media:
    Home Page:
    The good news is with the wolves in the Teanaway it will only be a short period of time, before urban residents west of the Cascades will be dealing with the wolves.

I suspect this will be a much more civilized discussion, than previous issues that were just limited to eastern Washington like hound hunting with dogs, and bears.

The Siberian tigers have moved into the city limits of Vladivostok looking for easy meals. Now they are a solitary animal, not a pack like wolves, but I can see the wolves moving in the Cedar drainage and others in western Washington fairly quickly. When my mother lived in Belorus there were always wolves around the villages. This will be the first time that the fringes of a American urban area will probably have an major predator in it, besides the solitary mountain lion.

2. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

In the end this will be resolved like just about all of the worlds disputes with a high powered rifle.

3. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows Your Preferred WFF Poster

Media:
    vlad,

western washington is not just seattle. banning hound hunting and using bait impacted lots of hunters in western washington.

4. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    It's interesting to see the polarization on these issues. It seems there is no obvious right answer for the majority of the population.

Personally I'm worried, when Little Red and I are in the woods...:clown:

5. SteveA

SteveA Gnu to the board

Thanks for the reasoned reply.

It's best to avoid emotional subjects like abortion, politics, religion and wolves.

6. Lugan

Lugan Joe Streamer

This and the grizzly revelation are prolly gonna push me into the ranks of big ol' handgun ownership.

7. bennysbuddy

Why is it that when a bear or coyote enters a liberals nieghborhood they demand that it is traped and destroyed. But they demand the end of trapping yet they wear fur coats.They outlawed hound hunting even thou only a small amout of the animals treed were killed,(if you shoot every animal treed soon there will be nothing to chase, and to a hound man the pursit is what its all about)but we hunt down every animal in our urban parks in the name of public saftey, isn't it nature that we a searching for while at the park a coyote snatching your dog and eatting it in front of you is all part of the cruel realitys of nature eat or be eaten thats the law of nature. So when a wolf eats your pet E-mail me so I can have a good laugh!!!!

8. Derek Young

Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Media:
    Home Page:
    My head hurts after reading that ^ post.

9. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    I think you should start a post "which handgun is best for grizzly and wolves?" before someone else does....like me...:rofl:

10. Chris Bellows

Chris Bellows Your Preferred WFF Poster

Media:
    i hope you meant trapped... i'd hate to think of all the bears and coyotes being raped by liberals.

11. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Media:
    Put Sarah Palin in a helicopter. She'll take care of it....... I'm just hoping the helicopter will have engine trouble tho!

12. professori

professori self-important blowhard!!

Might be small arms fire from the ground!!

13. Bill Johnson

Bill Johnson Member

Media:
    So why do you think that everyone that lives in an urban area is a liberal? If this were true, Rand Paul, Michelle Bachman and their ilk would never have been elected. This is the same type of crap thinking that somebody else posted here earlier about wolves hunting down elk and deer and leaving their uneaten carcasses laying around the wilderness. What right wing garbage.

You are privileged to walk this earth. Leave as light a footprint as you can so that your children and grandchildren can enjoy nature in all its diversity.

14. Swoff

Swoff Member

Dogs and wolves have the same ancestry/origins, sorry. Even the scientific community recognizes that. If two animals can breed and produce fertile offspring, they are the same species. What evolutionist teaching wants us to buy is that different animals within the same species are new species. That's a crock that's been fed to us for too long. Any other reasoning cannot be proven in the least and is likely to have the same percentage of believability as me evolving from galactic soup. But that is really for a whole other rabbit trail and forum :)

15. Swoff

Swoff Member

.454 Casull ;)

16. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Media:
    Home Page:
    Because the liberal you are talking about is a made up person in your head. There is a bunch of gun owning, hunting, fishing, liberals in my family...including me. It's easy to fight a made up oponent in your head. None of us oppose trapping either. Liberals are a much less homgenous group than you seem to think.

6-3 Sox (8),
    cds

17. Kcahill

Kcahill Active Member

Pics or it didnt happen.

18. bennysbuddy

I never said that ALL PEOPLE THAT LIVE IN URBAN AREAS ARE LIBERAL you have apperently taken my comments out of context to further your misguided interpretation of the truth

19. gt

gt Active Member

Media:
    circle the wagons martha, break out the powder, THE WOLVES ARE COMING..............THE WOLVES ARE COMING..............all wemin and childrin get under cover.................THE WOLVES ARE COMING..................

what a bunch of red neck BS.

20. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    Why did this deteriorate into Liberals vs Conservatives? Can't we stick to the issue or subject as it were...? Remember? It's wolves in the Cascades...jeez...