NFR: And now wolves in the Teanaway drainage

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Lugan, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +262 / 2
    There is no fun in that though.
  2. Rob Allen Active Member

Vancouver WA
    Ratings: +401 / 0
    Good I am glad there are wolves there I do not care what it does to the hunting. It has been my experience that the people who complain about wolves are hunters who are unwilling to put forth the effort to get out where the good elk hunting is...
  3. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +439 / 0
    Geez Roper, no doubt!

Look, if in five or six years there's no problems from the wolves at all....then whatever, who cares right? My money's on that it will be sooner than that. Wolves (introduced into) in an area cause problems. That can't be denied. We can hope, but I'm not holding my breath.

Again, check out the KSPS program on wolves. You can't make that stuff up, you just can't.
  4. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +535 / 0
    Wolves introduced? Or re-introduced, or retaking what was once theirs. I remembering reading some report in a magazine (name)? about the deterioration and erosion of river banks in an area due to the elk and other wild life that were populating out of control and eating vegetation along the river banks. It use to be the wolves helped control the population, but the wolves had been hunted and flushed out of the region, and with no natural predators the elk and others were wrecking havoc on mother nature. Messing with mother nature brings unintended harms....let nature be. Nature = Balance
  5. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +570 / 0
    Exactly! I think I read the same regarding Yellowstone. Overgrazing along the stream banks. One of the benefits of wolves, definitely. Now the willows grow, the streams are cooler, the trout are more abundant, and, larger.
  6. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,539 / 9
    Brilliant!

Brilliant!

Brilliant!

You three rock. This thread is evolving, I'm wondering who will be snuffed out because of this thread thriving.
  7. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Ratings: +774 / 2
    No Mumbles, I got it: The liberals vs. conservatives thing is a diversion. I think those of you opposed to wolves are just worried that your sexual partners (sheep, cattle) will go missing.
  8. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,307 / 4

I'm not at all opposed to wolves but I am EXTREMELY concerned about the missing sheep!
  9. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    I knew it! C'mon the rest of you "bovine enthusiasts", come out of the closet.
  10. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    So if we own a pair of Velcro gloves we should post here?
  11. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    The sheep must get very nervous when you're around.
  12. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Don't worry it's catch and release only!
  13. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +439 / 0
    For the record, I could care less really. Like I said, I'm with Roper. Why does it always have to become an "us vs them"? That goes for both sides.

My point is that they become a problem when introduced, re-introduced, whatever. Not picking sides like some are here, I'd like to think I'm smarter than that.

I wonder if the word "Brilliant" will be used should they become a problem like they have everywhere else? Personally I hope not, but we'll see.

Arguing with the "icons" of this forum is like wrestling with a pig in the mud. After a while, you realize the pig enjoys it.
  14. _WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Skagit River
    Ratings: +675 / 0
    Wolves! How freaking cool is that!

If they wanted to do that they should have gotten here before me! :)

Are you trying to imply that the tribes are not men?

And now that we all wear water wings in King County, we ain't likely to be going anywhere! :)

Fuck! We're all nervous when he's around...:)
  15. Dan Nelson Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +349 / 5
    :thumb::thumb:iagreeiagree
  16. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Wait, I thought this debauchery was limited to free-range hooved animals like sheep and cows. Pigs too? You're all sick.
  17. Dan Nelson Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum

Puyallup, WA
    iagreeiagree:thumb:
  18. Dan Nelson Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum

Puyallup, WA
    Clearly, wolves are liberals, deer are conservatives, and elk are... teabaggers?
  19. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,539 / 9
    Bitterroot has a pair of velcro hip waders. He's admitted this much around a camp fire. I think he has more secrets to reveal...and I'm not sure I want to hear about them.
  20. Dan Nelson Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum

Puyallup, WA
    BTW: Family members over in the Blue Mtns of SE WA recently saw several elk calves killed alongside a gravel road -- hit by farm pickup trucks. Clearly its time to declare open season on Ford F150s to save the elk! They kill indiscriminately and don't even eat what they kill!:rofl::rofl: