Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

No Bonefish--just Ouzo... Plus 2nd hand poss. SRC siting

468 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Nailknot 
#1 ·
Hey All,

Once again, my fly fishing gets put on the shelf! :bawling The dream trip to Diego Garcia via ship job went bust. :beathead I'm sending from an Internet Cafe at Chania, Crete. This is part of a 60 hr stop for fuel and R&R. I went ashore yesterday for some recon and souveniers. Today is the walking tour to find the Beach of the Topless Women. :eek This is to just placate my nerves in lieu of looking at fish. I don't know if this will either help or hurt. When the shore launch arrived at its dock, I noticed some people spin casting long rods the length of a fly rod. Action looked very slow, if not dead, on this Sunday at high noon. I decided that, since this is my first time in Crete, I might as well do the tourist thing for now. We will be back in a little over a month. I think I'll break out the 8 wt then and see if I can make a fool out of myself with some clousers. Anyone fish the Med before?

I got an email from my woman, and she said Buck Creek, a trib off of the Suiattle, is choked with spawners and what seemed to be SRCs--big ones! I don't know if Buck Creek is open season, but it is tight casting waters, if I rightly recall. Awesome campground there, too. From the posts, it's hard to tell if the fishing has picked up since I left. I wish you all my best! I'll share my CD of Greek tunes from the movie, Zorba the Greek, with anyone interested when Iget back. Love those bouzoukis! :thumb

See less See more
#2 ·
It's open but about now it shouldn't be more that just a trickle now with all the hot weather we've been having,but alas it is only open for the trout like fish. No salmon of any kind.
I was up there once about this time of the year and there were some Biiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggg Steelhead in that little creek.

But thanks for the idea of trying some place different.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.