Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Noatak

962 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Thomas Williams 
#1 ·
I have been digitizing some of my old slides. Came across these from a trip I took on the Noatak River north of Kotzebue, Alaska back in the 1980 or 90's (not sure of when, I am old after all!). Even though they are old, thought some might enjoy them. Most pics were taken on a tributary called Kelly Creek. This area has an interesting population of Dolly Varden that spend some time in the ocean and some in fresh water. One tagged fish even showed up in Kamchatka, Russia. These fish also go back and forth between a couple of different drainages in the far NW part of Alaska. Fishing in this part of the world is usually fantastic or nothing at all. I was there in early Sep and it was great. The largest DV was between 12-14 lbs. Most were between 4-6lbs. One pic is of a wandering Chinook salmon. At the time, it was a northern limit observation extension for this species.
Cloud Sky Water Watercraft Ecoregion
Water Sky Cloud Mountain Water resources
Sky Plant Water Ecoregion Green
Water Cloud Sky Plant Natural landscape
Water Sleeve Lake Outdoor recreation Jacket
Water Outerwear Sky Lake Fisherman
Salmon-like fish Fin Fish Marine biology Fisherman
Water Fin Fluid Fish Marine biology
Fin Organism Salmon-like fish Fish Underwater

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.