North Fork Teanaway

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by JasonG, Jul 13, 2014.

1. JasonG

JasonG Active Member

I took my boy on a father son overnight to the North fork of the Teanaway river. We had a great time fishing and swimming. It was a great day, temps were around 100! We fished early and caught a bunch of smaller trout. Then went swimming! Enjoy the pics. DSCF5209.JPG DSCF5212.JPG DSCF5213.JPG DSCF5240.JPG DSCF5245.JPG DSCF5227.JPG DSCF5218.JPG

2. John Wallace

John Wallace Active Member

Nice, I haven't been there in a while. Keep saying I am going to go and don't. I see I need to. Thanks for posting.

3. SquatchinSince86

SquatchinSince86 Totally Unprofessional

Nothing like fun times with the Kiddo. cant wait until my little one is old enough to swing a fly.

4. JasonG

JasonG Active Member

Yeah, Its cool to watch them when they get a fish on.!

5. Cool, is that clay or bedrock?

6. JasonG

JasonG Active Member

I believe it's sandstone. Don't quote me on that.

7. I just did.:)

Got it. Can bedrock be sedimentary? Heck I don't know. Does WFF have a resident geologist?

8. majpreal

majpreal New Member

I'm far from a Geologist but it could also be some type of Basalt, which I think is prevalent in the area.

I fish the Teanaway quite a bit and when walking over that smooth, light colored submerged rock, you can clearly see all the stonefly husks this time of year so you know what the fish might be snacking on.

9. DarianClemensBWO

DarianClemensBWO New Member

I was over there this weekend also and was fortunate enough to catch a beautiful 17in. cuttie. It sure is a beautiful river and I'm very happy I have been able to start exploring it this year!

10. JasonG

JasonG Active Member

The whole area is awesome. Great hiking too!