Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

of the stripping kind

Swap 
7K views 78 replies 12 participants last post by  mike doughty 
#1 ·
o.k. i'm still in the meaty kind of mood so i propose a streamer swap targeting trout. i'm thinking rivers and streamers should be at least a couple of inches long and no standard woolley buggers. something that says destroy me you gnarly ass trout. it can be single hook, ariculated, stinger hook or whatever. sorry for the noobs but no in experienced tiers please. i am already in 2 other swaps right now so would prefer to keep it around 10 peeps. deadline will be feb 21. most people should know the drill by now but make sure you send a self addressed envelope, either pre paid or send a couple of bucks so i can send them back on your dime. so gimme something big, something troutie and something for the rivers.

-myself - done
-jake - done
-jeff bandy
-ron mcneal - done
-steeli - done
-rob ast - done
-kirk singleton - done
-nailbender - done
-riseform - done
-big e - done

o.k. that makes 10 players so this swap is closed. david.schepers if someone bails out i will see if you are still interested, sorry.

See less See more
#78 ·
Thought I'd post this for feedback.

Yesterday WABOWMAN and I took part in the cleanup and got some fishing in. We chose to float the lower canyon because nobody had taken that section. Wile dropping off the shuttle car at Rosa we noticed a very nice fish make a big rise out in the still water. We commented to each other, must have been a big bug to get such a aggressive rise.

We put in a Lmuma and worked our way down fishing and stopping to collect trash on the way. Got plunty of trash but the fishing wasn't going so well. Just didn't hold our mouth right. Passed what appered to be a guilded boat and that were getting fish. Bass-turds

Finally picked up a couple of small ones behind a island we stopped at. We spent too much time in the upper part of the float and needed to keep moving. Around Big Pine I switched to a streamer pattern. A Meat whistle(http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/...m/IMG_1289.jpg) tied up by Rob Ast for the streamer swap. (Nice tie Rob). I got one really good tug tug and off. Later a slam and snap. So long to that fly. Then I tried Nailbenders Big bunny.( check out;http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/.../IMG_12901.jpg) Casting toward the shore and striping back I got a number of tugs before hooking up on a good bow. It was funny when the fish first came up we thought it was a big whitie. The white bunny was all over it's face causing the confusion. I was amazed a whitie could/would go after something that big. After that we had to rush for the takeout as we were running late.

At the take out wile waiting for the shuttle I observed a few of the greatly anticipated skwala adults crawling around. So it's time to get your asses over there. Their out. Their about and the trout are hungry!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.