NFR Once Again, the US Govt Wipes Its A$$ With the Constitution.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Breck, Jul 24, 2013.

1. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,754 / 0
    In before the lock....
  2. Jim Speaker Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +513 / 0
    LOL - yup. Totally.
  3. Breck Active Member

Lynnwood, WA
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    Lock it. Wrong forum, anyway.
  4. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,623 / 2
    I concur. It's like the liberal's equivalent to Fox. Appealing because it suits the bias/narrative, but pretty inaccurate overall. I lean way left, but don't get my info from there.
    Lugan likes this.
  5. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +727 / 1
    No, MSLSD is a much more reliable source :rolleyes:
  6. Trustfunder Active Member

rock creek
    Ratings: +71 / 0
    Give em an inch, they take a mile what's next? I concur with Breck, the system is broke and it's a what's in it for me and my party that's the most disturbing part, we've become so political that we've lost the term "public servant".
  7. Billy McFly Active Member

Edmonds WA
    Ratings: +63 / 0
  8. flyfool Active Member

Lynnwood, WA
    Ratings: +91 / 0

You're getting your skivvies in a wad over something written by this guy?

Comedian and author featured on "Countdown," "Good Morning America," Comedy Central, and Showtime

I find the term "you folks" interesting. It implies that you are not one of "us" folks. You imply that we didn't do a good enough job and should return to service and sooth your latest gripe. Turn off your talk radio and run down to the recruiting office and sign up.
  9. golfman44 Coho Queen

Kirkland
    Ratings: +1,002 / 0
  10. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +683 / 0
    Now that thats settled, are those silver tarps really better at reflecting the heat than the blue ones? I'm trying to turn this post around with a not so obvious hijack
    flyfool likes this.
  11. gabe0430 Banned or Parked

Ratings: +31 / 0
    I read the bill, it seems fair......This is a free country, one built on laws that need to to be obey to stay the nice place it is and this is the best place to live on this planet. If anyone does not like it here they are free to buy an airplane ticket and leave. And if you like what is going on in Egypt you are free to move over there.....good luck with that.
    And yes I served my 4 years in the military (Navy) and was happy to do it. :cool:
    Jim Speaker likes this.
  12. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,358 / 9
    Twenty years, nine days and many friends lost. Fourth generation servant to the nation. Proud of those I've met, served with, served, treated and buried. Far too many of the latter categories and I think my career was mild compared to others.

Breck, I know you are a great dude, and respect your position. In fact many have shed their blood and given their sons and daughters for you to express your honest feelings.

The enemy within is the most pervasive, commonly a product of our choices and systems. Often tougher to identify, isolate and manage.

Remember the gent by the name of Osama Bin Laden? A product of the choices of those entrusted to support the causes our nation deemed necessary.

My contract is over. Parts of that oath that I can still uphold outside of the contract are still part of my daily mantra. What is your oath? Maybe we can reconvene this around a campfire soon. Our common friends should set it up!
  13. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +719 / 2
    On to the next election where the electorate will champion their party as being the party of the people.......

Makes me F'n sick!
  14. Breck Active Member

Lynnwood, WA
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    I have a problem sometimes with expressing myself when I'm angry and frustrated. I tend to believe things that are printed, whether or not they are founded in fact. I get really pissed off when I feel like the Govt is selling us out, but I should know better than to impulsively blurt out things on a public forum without doing my research.

It's done now and I'll have to own up to the shame. I shouldn't type or open my mouth when I'm angry. Period. Now that I've had some time to calm down, think, and do a little further reading, I realize I was wrong. I sincerely apologize to anyone who makes the sacrifices and gives of themselves to bravely serve our nation in the Armed Forces. I truly honor and respect your service. It takes strength, courage, and honor to be a soldier-attributes that I have always admired. These things should never be mocked.

A heartfelt apology to anyone that I may have offended with my idiotic rantings. I was wrong.

This crow tastes like shit.

-Breck
    PETI, dfl, Gary Knowels and 3 others like this.
  15. flyfool Active Member

Lynnwood, WA
    Ratings: +91 / 0

Well said. Honorably stated. Peace.
    dfl likes this.
  16. cwbraue Member

Yakima, Wa finally
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    That is one of the reasons I got out of the Navy. I couldn't stand all the military members applauding Bush for destroying the constitution.
    dryflylarry likes this.
  17. orangeradish Bobo approved

Capital City
    Ratings: +484 / 0
    “The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then.”

-Tommy Jefferson
    Ed Call and dfl like this.
  18. Brady Burmeister Active Member

OH
    Ratings: +134 / 0

Damn, I was sure you were gonna credit Bobo at the end of that quote.
    smc likes this.
  19. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +683 / 0
    Cut bait or fish!!!!

Rudy Franolavich,( Quoted off the candlestick, tree point, Alaska 1980)
  20. Skyler Evans Active Member

Fort Lewis
    Ratings: +33 / 0
    1. Arms and Ammuniton is not given to the Drug Cartels like its a soup kitchen
    2. The government that tortures and imprisions people without due process does so to people that under our constitution do not have constitutional rights. If this was not done imagine what state our country would be in after we got into the war in Afghanistan.
    3. Where are you getting this information? I tend to stay away from the crack heads on the street corner.
    4. Also if this order is given we have the constitutional right to not perform the orders at it does impeed the American Citizens of their rights.
    5. The chances of this law getting upheld in court are slim to none because it over steps the bounds of the constitution.