NFR Once Again, the US Govt Wipes Its A$$ With the Constitution.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Breck, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Well said and good advice to anyone on the forum or internet looking to write about something.

2. Skylar,

I suppose that little NSA program collecting metadata on most everyone's emails, cell calls, and residential telephone calls because they decided that they have the authority to do so under the Homeland Security Act is fine and doesn't over step the bounds of the Constitution.

And then the House of Representative voted against sharply curtailing it and making the NSA have to go to a normal federal court (instead of the secret NSA court that answers to nobody and that doesn't require probable cause and a search warrant to get the metadata like phone tapping would) where they would have to show probable cause (i.e. that a reasonable person would think that a crime has occurred or is about to occur from the actions of the person named in the warrant request) to get a warrant before collecting the metadata. The majority who voted against making the NSA follow the Constitution's prohibition against unreasonable search and seizure explained away their voting against this by saying that this NSA program helps the NSA and Homeland Security keep us safe. Hmmm..... This sure looks like none of those who voted against this care much about the unreasonable search and seizure prohibition in the Constitution.

There is also the little license plate recognition and photographing that is taking place in our large cities, including Seattle that allows the police (or any other government agencies by virtue of supeoning these records from the police) to show where a person was on what day and at what time when his license plate was photographed. And all the police officer needs to do is drive down the street and the three cameras on his car (one front, one to the left, and one to the right) snap photos of each license plate he passes. Plus, the other traffic and surveillance cameras hung from light poles, traffic lights, etc. are also now using the same license plate photo technology. It would be very easy for a person's movements to be tracked and catalogued with this technology and it is completely without his knowledge. The ACLU has brought a lawsuit against Los Angeles for violating the Constitutional rights of the people who have had their movements tracked by this technology.

There are reasons the folks at the Constitutional Convention who wrote our Constitution limited government power and limited governments ability to spy on, track the movements of, and violate the privacy of the citizens. The Constitution actually gives very limited power to the government and the Bill of Rights was put there to prevent the government from harassing and pushing around the citizens.

triploidjunkie likes this.
  3. I agree with you that there are some things that are being done that should not be done. The biggest problem that i have seen is that "We the people" have not stepped up and said enough with a larg enough voice. I agree with what you said, and on that note due to The President being my Commander in Chief i will not say any more over a public medium.