Otter in Denny Creek

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by cwbraue, Jul 14, 2013.

1. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,261 / 0
    Otters do just fine in larger rivers, but they do massive fish kills in headwater streams where most the fish have nowhere to hide. Fish and game here attribute the low fish counts in at least three small streams in this area to otters. I've seen a family of three up in the headwaters of one tiny creek Couldn't find a brookie to save your life after. They've been around forever, but trust me, it's not crap what they do to the little streams.
    Brookie_Hunter likes this.
  2. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +879 / 0
    Where's Mumbles?? Mumbles, you missing your pet? Somewhere in Kingston, a family is missing their otter???
  3. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +675 / 0
    I've had plenty of familys swim by me , nothing to worry about unless maybe they aren't wearing swimming suits. now a group of otters swimming that would be a different story!!!
  4. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,744 / 0
    and where did the brookies come from? Likely the only reason the otters are up there; cleaning up somebody's screw up.
    Kent Lufkin likes this.
  5. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,652 / 0
    Wild animals are just that, wild. People that think they are somewhat tame from being around people should go get a cat scan to check if they are all there.
  6. Upton O Blind hog fisherman

out of state now
    Ratings: +211 / 0
    Otters would also eat a bunch of northern pike minnows and carp and chubs and...
  7. Robert Engleheart Robert

Lemoore, CA
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    What kind of handgun do I need to protect myself from otters? Would a .40 be enough?
    Kent Lufkin likes this.
  8. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,224 / 0
    I'd get a .44. Can't be too careful.

K
  9. Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

Phinney Ridge, Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +117 / 0
    I saw a pair of otters in a trib/beaver pond (not the ones you think) on the SF today. Another one bites the dust....
  10. Greg Armstrong Active Member

Pugetropolis
    Ratings: +342 / 0
    Yeah, the state probably ought to place a bounty on otters - just like we used to have on Dolly Varden and Bull Trout.
    You know, before us humans arrived to control all of this there weren't any trout around here at all....

I'm with KerryS on this one.
  11. Brookie_Hunter aka Dave Hoover

Phinney Ridge, Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +117 / 0
    I was hoping to clear out the brookies myself. I wasn't requesting the otter's assistance in the matter.
    Gary Knowels likes this.