Out for the season...smh

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Nate Buchanan, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Nate Buchanan

Nate Buchanan Member

Well excited for the pinks to start showing in numbers I was taking a few practice cast in the yard today when long and behold...back cast, load rod, starting forward ca...SNAP!! My ZAXIS 7110 tip is toast!!

2. Pat Lat

Pat Lat Mad Flyentist

That happened to me a couple weeks ago right when I got to the beach. I finished the day with my 9'1 extra stout and went to find a uber cheap backup. I went to the SW in federal way and saw some cheapo okumas for like 60 bucks but ended up with a clearance greys XF2 7wt for a hundred bucks. Love it. I'll send my VT2 in eventually. But I would try to find a close-out niceish rod for a steal in the meantime. You have a lifetime to send the sage back, and right now has got to be their busy seasons for TCBC repairs (that's tips-chopped-by-clouser)

3. docstash

docstash Member

If the tip is short from the 2nd guide to the tip top. I just glue another tip on and good to go. Lost the top 2" off a CT 380-4 on the Yakima two weeks ago and just glued the same tip top back on after a bit of scraping. Works fine. Lost 5" of my 5119-4 TCX and had to get a slightly larger tip top and it is as good as new.

Craig
    @redsflyshop.com