Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Pass Lake and Deception Pass

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  sjterry 
#1 ·
I'm going camping out at Deception Pass State Park this three day weekend. I was thinking about fising the lake one night and then fish the salt for pinks and silvers. Dose anybody have any suggestons?

#2 ·
If you hit Pass, go way late. bring a headlamp or two and don't we afraid to throw some of those huge gawdy mouse and frog patterns. The lake might be a bit warm still, you might want to skip it, And fill out a creel census please(if you go). On to the salt, on the state park side(whidbey), under the bridge will be packed with gearchuckers. Try the other side(fidalgo), take one of the many trails out to the water from Bowmans bay, straight across from the boat launch at Pass lake. Good luck, post a report!!! :thumb YT:smokin

#3 ·
I have been told the rocks at the entrance to Deception Pass on the south side are a good spot. That's the north end of the beach.

I am also thinking of taking a one day trip up there Monday morning. Maybe we can hook up, and I will show you what I know about the Deception Pass area.

And then, if you can drive a short way, hit Ala Spit, go south down the island, maybe 2 miles to the big new Gas Staiton, take a left, and follow that road as it turns to the left, north, and as it turns back south (3? Miles from the gas station), there is a little road heading down to the beach. Action is on the tidal exchange, and its a zoo of people and pinks, but the fishing is good.

#4 ·
Been wondering about Hoypus beach up there. Just a bit east of the bridge on the south side. Signed as a swimming beach on the Gazetteer map but looks like a prime spot to do some salmon interception (piscatus disruptum). Anybody been? What's your opinion? You can e-mail me if preferred.
Thanks!

#7 ·
Two spots to fish at night. Try right near the launch on both sides and then the Northwest corner of lake (long kick at night) Both have very good shallows for the browns.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.