Pay To Fish?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by LCnSac, Aug 20, 2014.

1. inland

inland Active Member

Pay to play steelhead or trout? Nope. Pay to gain access to private and controlled rod atlantic salmon water? Yep.

2. Tyler Axel

Tyler Axel Buenos Hatches Ese

Media:
    Yup, that looks like it. I don't specifically remember the name of the club, but the river we were fishing is on their list so that was probably it.

I can definitely see some situations where a private club like that would make sense, and if I received a membership as a gift I would utilize it without a doubt. Also if I had lots of disposable income and a limited amount of time to fish then something like that would be a good option. But right now I can think of better things to spend the money on, and without any children or serious relationships I find plenty of time to fish. I'm exploring new water every weekend and 1 or 2 days during the week (rivers/lakes within an hour or two from Seattle that I can hit after work). I get on a lot of fish and totally enjoy the heck out of myself, so I can't come up with a good reason why I would pay money and change my system. It just doesn't seem the same to me. It's kind of like shooting planted birds on a private piece of land. I wouldn't do either unless money wasn't a concern and I only got to fish/hunt once or twice a year. But this is an activity where you can do whatever you want, and everyone should fish the way they enjoy the most regardless if they are paying for it or not. That's the best thing about a sport like ours with no rules (except for the extensive WDFW fishing regulations of course).