NFR Post Counts

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by zen leecher aka bill w, Jul 17, 2013.

1. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Originally my plan was to exceed OMJ in post counts. He has 19K and change and I'm a tad behind him with a low 2K count. My plan is that I will pass him sometime early in the year 2048.

Today I did a check to see how my plan is progressing and I find there's someone who has even more posts than him. Also I have no chance of passing this parvenu. I would have to post 24 hours a day with no pee breaks, and you know how important pee breaks are for old guys.

Shawn W is listed with about 4 billion posts. Here's his count: 4,294,967,295. I suspect there's been a little tampering with the counts. This guy would do good in PowerBall.

2. GAT

GAT Active Member

The fly fisherman's mantra... never pass up a chance to pee.

3. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

I thought the fishermans pee mantra was "not on the bib, not on the bib... (dribble) damnit!".

4. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

4.3 billion posts for Shawn W? Yep, that's believable.

K

5. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Who's Shawn W? And why don't I know, if he haz 4 billion posts?

6. Gary Knowels

Gary Knowels Active Member

Maybe he has the count for EVERY post ever on WFF. But I still don't know if I could believe that number

7. zen leecher aka bill w

I think he has a count for every syllable or every letter typed on WFF. Double count on consonants.

8. Gary Knowels

Gary Knowels Active Member

Yeah, I did some math and that would come out to a little less than 200,000 posts per member.

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Aw shit, I always thought I was on top. Maybe I ought to quit posting. But you all know that isn't going to happen. This is the only way I can talk to another person. I fish alone, I drive alone, As friendly as my wife is I almost sleep alone.

10. Dipnet

Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

There must not be much else to do in Palmdale, CA!

11. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

You guys need to go fishing and stop counting silly stuff. Every post counts, but who counts posts? Now we know a few that do!

12. Kaiserman

Kaiserman content

This isn't aimed at anyone here, because I know this thread is all in fun....but... it reminded me of something:

Once in a while, I hear the hosts on ESPN talk about their twitter followers, and how many they have. Seriously!? Um, I graduated from high school...the whole "popularity" thing is over now (which is something I never understood even when in school). I want to call in to the show and shout - Come on man, grow up!

13. GAT

GAT Active Member

Well.... if we're going to talk about odd counting.... what's up with reporting the weight of a newborn human? What difference does it make? Is it all like a B.A.S.S. trournament where the parents with the largest baby wins?

"My wife gave birth to a baby boy, 8 and a half pounds."

Oh.... okay. I'm not sure what that means because I'm not aware of the standard. Is that considered a lunker or what? :)

Steve Vaughn and Gary Knowels like this.
  14. zen leecher aka bill w

I confess to too many statistics classes. Now about #2 and #3 on post counts. Some guys called OMJ and Mumbles.

15. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

The reason I talk here or write here is...............................Nothing. Just like to get under Mumble's skin. I know he secretly counts his own posts.

16. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

What difference does anything make. People just like to throw out stats to see what the rest of the world see's in it. I just get tired of all the bull shit in the world.

Maybe if we all didn't watch TV or have a computer we wouldn't see any of this shit. Wouldn't that be nice.

17. Kent Lufkin

Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Secretly my ass. He's so proud of his count he puts the number right below his avatar on every post!

K

18. zen leecher aka bill w

you know Jim, I can see the cranky in your picture. If you were a 509er rather than a 406er you'd be a kinder, gentler OMJ and probably a different screen name, say maybe Sunny Jim.

c1eddy and Kent Lufkin like this.
  19. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

"Sunny Jim, Gee that's Me". Wasn't that a commercial for some jams and jellies there in Seattle.I can remember seeing that on a billboard down in the area around Plant 2(Boeing). When I was a wee lad.

I used to be a 425er.

I just looked outside. It's thundering and lightening and raining like a cow pissing on a flat rock.

20. Porter

Porter Active Member

One Scotch, one bourbon, and one beer!!!!

tythetier likes this.