Pramathon 2013?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by IveofIone, Jul 5, 2013.

1. IveofIone Active Member

Ratings: +1,107 / 0
    Anyone interested in this? So many nice boats have appeared in the past couple of years, it would be nice to get a group of them together to compare notes and boats, burn some steaks, sip some ales and catch lots of fish. Ideally it would take place late in the season but before the opening of the deer season. After that campgrounds can get pretty crazy.

Maybe someone could step up to the plate and organize such an event, solicit opinions on location, date and bring a few of us pram owners together. I would like to see some of the superb craftsmanship up close and contrast it against my own SS Scrapwood for function and utility. We would all take home a few good ideas I'm sure.

Kick it around.

Ive
  2. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,095 / 1
    I would participate in a heart beat, although my pram is commercially made (Spring Creek Hopper II). Oh hell, I still qualify. I'd like to say a caffeinated place would work but that drink did not treat me well last fall maybe a parched spectacle instead that fished oh so well. Great camping there as well.
  3. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +791 / 1
    I'm a man without a pram so I guess that leaves me out... unless Ira will row me around in his.
  4. Irafly Active Member

You'll have to get in line behind troutpocket. Otherwise I'll motor you only if we can argue and talk politics :) Hell, I'm fairly sure I'll have a spare pram by then.
  5. P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Seattle.
    Ratings: +153 / 0
    Gee I know an existing event that seems like a natural for combining. ;)
  6. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +399 / 1
    I might be interested. Just depends on when we are talking about. Got a new woody. Built by one of my fly club members. Still need to get some modifications done.
  7. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,031 / 1
    Another Spring Creek here and it's it's equidistant from Ive and Ira I might be interested. I could bring a shotgun also which could garner some soft hackle.
  8. Dave Alberts Member

Lakewood, WA
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    I'm interested...! Might even have one for sale by that time... Got to keep the projects moving!
  9. nailbender Active Member

Ratings: +35 / 0
    When and where? I know 2 or 3 of us that would be interested.
  10. Irafly Active Member

I'll start the ball rolling, how about mid to late September on Dry Falls?
  11. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +399 / 1
    I'll be in Jellystone.
  12. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +688 / 1
    I might have a light weight 8' boat finished in time for such an event. I'm also thinking about building something with a pointy bow, but we'll see.
  13. BDD Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +223 / 2
    If I am not in BC and you let a guy with a Clack coastal drifter tag along, I would be interested in attending.
  14. IveofIone Active Member

Ratings: +1,107 / 0
    No one has taken ownership of this yet and only one location has been suggested. I think Dry Falls is problematic for a couple of reasons. No camping at the lake and the road in is not that trailer friendly nor is there much parking. A lake like Lost Lake in Okonogan would be ideal because of the excellent camground and great fishing. There must be some other lakes with great campgrounds and good launches that would work. We need an organizer.
  15. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,722 / 0
    How about Clark Canyon Reservoir. Lots of camping and if the wind comes up it will blow you off the surface. Lost lake is way to close to where you live.

This is all a joke. Nobody ever takes me seriously. Shit, my Arm hurts.
  16. BDD Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    For what its worth, I like the idea of camping in a forested area better than the basin so Lost has more appeal than Dry Falls.
  17. Irafly Active Member

Well, if you thought Lost was better to begin with, why not mention that In the first place? I've never been, but I could be up for an adventure.

I suggested Dry Falls, because they have ample camping there and the fishing in fall can be excellent for large bows, browns and possible tigers. Yeah the road is bumpy, but it really isn't that bad, and parking isn't that bad, I've seen over 60 vehicles parked there at its busiest, but fall rarely sees that. Another bonus of Dry Falls is it tends to be a bit more central for people across the state.
  18. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,499 / 9
    I'd like to crash this party and I won't be wearing a pram.
  19. BDD Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Never been to Lost but timing is more important than location for me. I see this as a social event as much as a fishing trip...a chance to share ideas and catch some fish. All things being equal, I prefer mountains and trees over the basin for camping but that is just my opinion. But DF is more centrally located and would provide bigger fish opportunities for sure.
  20. Irafly Active Member

They have trees at DF!