Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

ProCast

441 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Tarkin 
#1 ·
I had an old broken Cortland that I sent in for the lifetime warranty repair. Needless to say, they didn't make the rod anymore and instead sent me a 9' 5 weight procast. Man, this rod is awesome. I've never felt anything like it and I just purchased a 5 weight custom rod about a month ago. The custom feels great, but I really think this Procast bows it away. It gives me confidence in casting I've never had. It shoots the line great, places the fly exactly where I want it and also gives me distance with little effort. It's lighter than any rod I own or have tried. Doesn't hurt that on the second cast this evening while trying out the rod for the first time, I also caught a 20" bow. The fight was awesome on this 5 weight light rod. I went on to catch and LDR more trout in an evening than I have before. I'm sure the rod isn't all of it, but I really had to share because it felt like nothing I've tried before, for the better. Both dries and nymphs.
Don't know what they cost as it was a free replacement (thanks to Cortland), but I would say they're worth whatever they're charging. Awesome.
Just passing on the joy...

#2 ·
it's fun when you find a rod that you really mesh with. unfortunately (or fortunately) i've found many rods that mesh with my casting style. tarkin, maybe you just need to try a little harder. there's bound to be another several rods in different weights/configurations that you'll really love. you just have to continue looking. ;)

#4 ·
I agree with the new rod concept. You feel like you couldn't of lived with out it. I felt the same way when I bought myself my first 4 piece rod.

I have always fished with a 5wt 2 piece but I tried out a 4 piece rod a few years ago. So I thought that I needed one. So I settled on a 4 piece TFO 5wt Pro. I really like this rod as it is a cannon. I can get out more line that I could with my GL3. As for catching more fish I can't really say as I live in a fish rich State,Montana. If I didn't catch fish here I should give up fishing.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.