Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

proven SRC swap

Swap 
6K views 57 replies 9 participants last post by  nailbender 
#1 ·
Hi all,

How about a SCR swap with a twist! Please submit flys that YOU have had success with. I'm thinking 10ish tiers depending on the level of interest. Please also post what fly you are tying so we can minimize the duplication.

Once all your patterns are tied up ship them to me with either a self addressed stamped returnable envelope I'll send PMs to everyone involved with my address.

Looking at the calendar how does March 1 sound like for a due date?

Again, please also let us know what fly you are tying so we can minimize the duplication.
I know I'll be tying some euphasids.

CLOSED
Thanks for participating!

1. nailbender- pink and green beach spider- received
2. scottflycst's - McGinty Soft Hackle - received
3. Derek Sater- fox clouser - received
4. Kelvin- Double K Reverse Spider- received
5. Annie- Bed and Breakfast- received
6. Ron McNeal- squid- received
7. Kerfwappie- chum baby - received
8. Obsessed- reversed lady a. spider
9. photosenior- euphasids - done

See less See more
#28 ·
Sorry apparently the adressiphication is hurting me as well- to much work...

8 deadly SRC flys it is, but i wont turn town an extra one if you want to include it :)

address coming in a pm.

Thanks for the ties!

#35 ·
Mailed mine on the tenth lf you don't have them by tues. I wil tie some more and fed ex or ups. My flies from Irafly (swap) took ten days to get 20 miles to my house. I'm expecting another package mailed priority on march seventh, starting to lose faith in our mail system. Can't rule out that I messed up the address
Its starting to feel they are out to get me though. Doug

#36 ·
Hi all,

Thanks for getting these done so promptly. I've updated the list of what i've received, but have a mystery- Floyd from AZ sent me some improved easy beetles, but didn't indicate what his WFF screen name is. Floyd, please pm me to ID.

And Doug your faith can be restored in the USPS I got your gorgeous flys.

Thank you all for your contributions- this is shaping up to be a great swap!!

#39 ·
All right all, we are getting close to the end of the month. With March 1 approaching fast...
A couple of you (not to name names- Annie) need a reminder...
All kidding aside, thanks for participating and being so prompt with these- the flys look great!

#45 ·
Gefilte

did you get mine yet ?
I am worried the guy at the post office was distracted on the amount of postage given a famous model was behind me in line at the post office in Magnolia

They haven't come back to me but I think they should be there by now given neither rain nor hail nor dark of night would keep that guy behind the counter from stairing at the customer behind me

I would have said something but there is some reality to the phrase
GOING POSTALE

reminds me why I like face to face swaps so much

let me know

#46 ·
Kelvin,

Hopefully you got my pm, flys made it here yesterday- in thanks to that model obsessed postperson.

Nice flys too!

Thanks all for your promptness- this is looking like a great swap!

#50 ·
I'm still waiting on one more batch.
I'll keep you all posted...
Its worth the wait- its shaped up to be a great swap with some creative patterns!

#51 ·
The flys look great!
Most of the swap has been mailed out, but a couple people missed counted, and thus a couple will go out in a day or so.
Sorry, and thanks for making this swap such a quality gig!

Enjoy!
Ben

#53 ·
Eric,

Glad you got the flyies so quickly!

I dont have time to make the photos of the flyies, but if someone else wants to make the photos and share them, i'm sure others would appreciate it...

Enjoy the flyies, and updates us as to how they produce for you,
Ben

#54 ·
Got the flies today and they're excellent specimens every one!

Nailbender, fine fine spiders, love the colors!

Kelvin, what's the body material on your double reverse spider? Very nice fly!

Ron, nice classic for our waters! That fly is a winner (by experience).

Kerfwappie, you make Bob proud. Every beach bum needs those real soon.

A few came without toe tags so don't know their creators but big thanks to all who participated. A really excellent SRC swap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.