Puffy Jackets and Flat brimmed hats

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by John Hicks, Mar 12, 2013.

1. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,036 / 1
    We almost need a thread devoted to "hunting camp faux pas". Nothing worse than a greasy food fart with a "surprise" in it.
  2. Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

Bellingham Wa.
    Ratings: +325 / 1
    I understood this entirely and I'm 56 yrs old. Does that mean I'm hip, smart or immature?

The coats I could not care less about but the ball caps, man you gotta bend the brim.
    The Duke and Mark Kraniger like this.
  3. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,792 / 0
    This year I am going with all Wholesale Sports attire. See ya on the water.
  4. atomic dog Jive Turkey

Pasco
    Ratings: +324 / 0
    Wearing your waders with the zipper in the back is a fashion trend that started in america's prison system. True story!
    dflett68 and Cruik like this.
  5. Cruik Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +142 / 0
    Coal indeed.

Now I just gotta get me a puffy. Those patagucci jackets look nice, but I can't justify spending that kind of money on something that isn't waterproof and might get ripped apart by a cast if it was gusty out.
  6. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,228 / 0
    Maybe Patagonia will introduce a version for flycasters made from Kevlar?

K
  7. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +544 / 0
    Ha! If you ever try to "deadleg" me, then I'll break your thumbs!:rolleyes: I don't take kindly to unwelcomed contact.
    I can always get a window open, one way or another, and get some fresh air, too.
    Alex MacDonald and Kent Lufkin like this.
  8. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +544 / 0
    I have several cheap jackets that I alternate wearing, to keep from getting bored.
    Hats? I'm losing the baseball caps, bent or flat, unless I need one to keep the rain off my glasses when wearing a hooded rain jacket. Lately, I usually wear one of my breezer hats, kayking hats, boonie hats, or a hood over a ball cap. Gotta keep the sun off my big ears.
    I wear wool or fleece knit caps when its cold. Pulled down over my ears.
  9. Thomas Mitchell Active Member

Western, WA
    Ratings: +193 / 2
  10. atomic dog Jive Turkey

Pasco
    Puffy coats are so last year.

[IMG]

(I'm getting way more enjoyment out of this than I should. I really need to go fishing.)
    flybill likes this.
  11. Richard Olmstead BigDog

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +792 / 0
    Dime -
    Make sure you keep that round, stick-on label on the bill of the cap. You're cool if you wear a flat-brimmed cap, but you are ultra-cool if you leave the sticker on. Oh, and I hope you bought it large enough to tuck your ears in under the edge of the cap when you wear it. Then you are super-ultra-cool! All my homies wear 'em that way.
    D
  12. 1morecast Active Member

Port Angeles
    Ratings: +51 / 0
    Wow 112 posts arguing about what to wear on the river! Sounds like a bunch of teenage girls.:rolleyes:
    flybill and Mark Kraniger like this.
  13. ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

Eagle River, Alaska
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    puffy jackets are warm as fuck, flat brimmed hats look cool (as long as you take the stickers off).. why do you care?
  14. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,743 / 0
    What's your point? :D
  15. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +604 / 0
    I think most of those posts were actually about farts and sexual orientation.
  16. dflett68 Active Member

snohomish
    Ratings: +197 / 0
    "The greater part of what my neighbors call good I believe in my soul to be bad, and if I repent of anything, it is very likely to be my good behavior. What demon possessed me that I behaved so well? You may say the wisest thing you can, old man- you who have lived seventy years, not without honor of a kind- I hear an irresistible voice which invites me away from all that. One generation abandons the enterprises of another like stranded vessels." - Thoreau
    Darthmonkey and The Duke like this.
  17. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,734 / 0
    I was going to chuck all of this bull shit and go fishing. Hell, it's 64 degrees out. The sun is on my back and it's half way warm outside. I was in my shirt sleeves today. But my heart really wasn't in it as I could barely walk.

Me and the old lady was moving shit out of one storage and putting it into a shed we bought. We figured it out that I've been throwing money down the storage shit hole for over 5 years now at about 6,000 bucks. We now have a storage shed that it 10x16 feet. Hell it's big enough to live in for me..

I know nobody wants to hear about me, but this shit hole thread showed up and you all keep adding to it. So I put my $.02 here.
    flybill and Alex MacDonald like this.
  18. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +744 / 0
  19. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +744 / 0
    how about a picture of the new shed !!!
    Old Man likes this.
  20. atomic dog Jive Turkey

Pasco
    It doesn't have a flat roof, does it? Cause all hell will break loose if it does.
    Cruik and bennysbuddy like this.