OK THERE IS ENOUGH INTEREST

Date May 15th Saturday
Time Noon to ?
Place Steve Saville's

Love to have people willing to demo two handed casting
Tying techniques
eat some BBQ and generally have a great time

Swap your favorite Puget Sound Sea Run Cutthroat or Salmon Fly

A number of you have asked me to teach a Flatwing class so I would be happy to demo those

Maybe find a way to have this benefit Project Healing Waters have some veterans come have a chance to fly fish Puget Sound

What would you like to contribute?

We see each other on here all the time
Why not meet face to face learn from each other have a good time and make a difference
Tie your favaorite Go To Puget Sound pattern one each
there will be some kinda prize for best fly
in the event of a tie ther will be 2 prizes I guess
Lets start with 15 and see whos in

1 Kelvin
2 Bob Jones
3 Steve Saville
4 Mumbles
5 Richard Torres
6 MudShark
7 NomDe Trout
8 MtnWkr
9 Ratato
10 Balb Bob
11Robbbos
12 Kerfwappie
13 Mitransplant
14 Ron Mc Neal
15 Rrivera

See less See more
#30 ·
A very special treat for all of us; Les Johnson and wife Carol have accepted an invitation to our gathering. Hopefully the weather will be great and Les' health will improve so we can all get a chance to sit and talk with them and pick up some of that wisdom. I'm thrilled as I have never had the priveledge of meeting Les and look forward to maybe getting my copy of his book autographed! Hope to see all of you there.

#32 ·
Kelvin, I haven't figured out my food contribution yet but I'll tie 15 of my favorite Williams Point sand lances or maybe more. thats what we need right. I realized that no one had said what they were tying so I thought I'd be first. Ii'll do it as a regular fly not a tube as I'm not set up for that yet.

#33 ·
I'll be tying up a new color combination to a local fly the SRB, I sent Mumbles a few for the charity auction last December, been fishing it pretty hard lately with very good success! I'll have to get mine to you Steve as I will be out of town that day, figures but you have to pay the bills right! PM me a address and I will get them to you in advance.

Thanks,
Craig

#36 ·
Nice tie, Kelvin, as always. I'm still playing around with a variety of Mini-cievers in various colors. They are great flies in all colors so I plan on making up a bunch so everyone can choose their color. Looks like we could have a really good turn-out providing the weather gets good.

#37 ·
The date to gathering is approaching quickly...

I was wondering if anyone is willing to demo their favorite or tying technique?
casting demo? What you got?
Mumbles is demoing two hand casting
I will be doing a flat wing baitfish pattern demo
Leland Miyawaki will be doing two hand casting in the evening .

What you want to share with the community?
Don’t be shy.

#38 ·
Mumbles is not talented enough to demonstrate two handed casting...I will, however, be happy to demonstrate the two handed overhead casting technique that I have been using for fishing a switch rod from the beach. Leland can do this type of casting and of course real two handed casting exponentially better than me. For anyone who has not tried a switch rod from the beach, I'll have one or to on hand. Maybe others will bring theirs to let people give them a waggle, water haul and launch. I'm looking forward to seeing/meeting the group.

#40 ·
Mumbles is far too humble. We will look forward to the event. It's now just under two weeks away and I'm hoping the weather warms up a bit between now and then. Nevertheless, here is the easy way to get to the event: I googled the neighbor's house that is on the main drag as our place is not visible from there. The address is 8604 East Side Dr NE, Tacoma, WA 98422. Never mind the fact that google has the street name incorrect but input it as I show. I tried it from Federal Way and Tacoma and got to the same , correct place. Follow the directions from Tacoma if you are coming from the South or West.

If you are coming from the North or East, get off the 320th St Exit in Federal Way, follow it West to the end, and then turn right on 47th Ave SW (Hoyt Rd). Then drive one half mile to Dash Pt road and pick up the directions from there. It's easier than the 312th ST route on google maps.

Either way, when you get to the address (8604) turn into the narrow driveway there and follow it in and around to the turn around. My family's place is on the water side of the drive, a small white cottage with light blue trim. Please leave the parking spot in front of the garage for Les and Carol Johnson as it will be easier for them to get to the patio from there. If you have difficulties, call me on my cell phone (253) 973-7891. I'll be there setting up. You can drive in and unload anything you have and once the parking is full, I'll direct you to another place where you can park.

I have hamburgers, hot dogs, and buns, plates, napkins, and plastic cuttlery, and I will be making a potato salad. Everyone else should plan on bringing something to contribute. I have a gas BBQ as well along with tables, chairs, etc. Dress warmly as sometimes the wind comes up the bluff. We have three 10X10 pop-up canopies and a raised fire pit also so we should be pretty cozy. Bathroom facilities are also available.

In the event that you need better directions, call me or PM me so I can send them along. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. Hopefully it will be a good day. See you around noon! :thumb:

#48 ·
Kelvin and Steve, i'll bring codements for the burgers and dogs maybe sone pickles and olives too. ketchup mustard miracle whip and margerine, okay?

#49 ·
I'll demo Leland's popper, unless he's there and wants to do it!

I'm going to bring my small Weber BBQ down and cook up some brats in beer and onions. I'll have charcoal too. If someone else could bring some brats to add in, Steve is handling the buns and condiments I believe.

I'll have some rods to play with, including my Deer Creek 5wt switch, 6wt Rainshadow 9' RX-8+ and whatever else I feel like dragging down.

Looking forward to it and seeing Les and others down there! So will anything be fishing well and what time are the tides down there next Saturday?

Bill

#50 ·
I have burgers, hot dogs, and buns for both. If need be, I can get some larger buns for the brats. Bob's bringing the condiments.

Kelvin, don't be overly impressed. It's a board with two hooks and a couple of nails- very primitive but I have lots of mono to play with and a drill to twist the stuff with.

I'll bring my two switch rods and three spey rods - all different weights, so people can try them out. I was down today and set out the two pic-nic tables, three total and I have the BBQ ready along with two folding tables and some canopies to shade us from the orb in the sky that I haven't seen in quite some time. I'm looking forward to Saturday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.