puyallup?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by coatesr, Mar 22, 2013.

1. coatesr New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    does anyone have any idea of events or classes on the basics of casting in puyallup? or if any guys that just get together on sharing skills?
  2. Pete Bridge Member

Lake Tapps, Wa
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    I would just head up to Puget Sound Fly Co. In Tacoma. Good guys and pretty helpful.
  3. Phil Fravel Friendly

Bonney Lake
    Ratings: +96 / 0
    You could check out the Alpine Fly club
  4. Bill Aubrey Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +165 / 0
    Coatesr,

Be our guest this coming Tues evening at the Alpine Fly Fishers meeting in Puyallup. We meet at Puerto Vallarta Restaurant on 215 15th Street in Puyallup at 6:00 with a presentation at about 7:00. This month, we have Dave McCoy from Emerald Waters Anglers on western Washington streams and rivers. We can also hook you up wit 2 local FFF certified casting instructors. Try Pat Blackwell at 253-770-9477 or Jim Higgins at 253-350-5085. If you have any questions, or want to go fishing sometime, call me at 253-678-3683. As a matter of fact, one of our members moved to MT, but is visiting this week and we will be going to Munn Lake near Olympia one day; you'd be more than welcome. The website for the club is www.alpineflyfishers.org.
    Hope to see you at the meeting Tuesday.

Bill
  5. coatesr New Member

thank you bill. sorry i couldnt make it this past tuesday. im in the army and when uncle sam says we are working late we work late. i see that yall have another meeting in april. i should be able to make that one. it would be nice to get into a club. ive just picked up fly fishing and slowly getting things together with it all. im enjoying it so far. im heading up to rattle snake sunday to try actually "fly fishing". im going to try some wollie buggers. hopefully they will be bitting on the top.
  6. Bill Aubrey Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +165 / 0
    No worries. Hope to see you in April. We meet every month except July and August. June is our club picnic which you are welcome to come too, also. Good luck at Rattlesnake. Woolie buggers probably take more fish than just about any other fly. Try olives and blacks, weighted and unweighted. This time of year, slow is the word. Severa of us fished Munn Lake in Olympia the other day. It was slow until about 3:00, then picked up a little. I ended up with 4 fat and feisty rainbows, 2 at 16" and 2 at 18".
  7. coatesr New Member

Thanks for the tips. Hopefully I have the same luck!
  8. cutthroat kid cut throat kid

Gigharbor,WA
    Ratings: +38 / 0
    I think the Puget sound fly anglers out of Tacoma usually have casting lessons during the spring and summer at titlow park
  9. Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

Ansbach, Germany
    Ratings: +387 / 16
    Coatesr, I live in Puyallup and also stationed on Fort Lewis. I'm in 16th CAB. I'd be more than happy to take you out fishing and help you get started. Plus you dont have to pay me which is a plus. PM me if your interested.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Bill Aubrey and NutJobRob like this.
  10. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +659 / 5
    I also sent him a message about PHWFF too, free as well. :)
    Thomas Williams likes this.
  11. coatesr New Member

Thanks everyone for the replies. I will get with everyone that has more info