question for Greg

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by mr trout, Aug 20, 2001.

1. mr trout Trevor Hutton

Yakima, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    hi,I hope you read this Greg. I was wondering if I could have permission to use your poem on the site I am building on AOL hometown. I think it is a wonderful pice of work that you should try to take further(try poetry.com)If any body wants to visit the site it is http://hometown.aol.com/hoingshiba/index.html Be aware, it is still under construction.
    comments and complaints accepted. - Trevor
  2. Greg Member

Gig Harbor, WA, U.S.A.
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    Trevor,

Thanks for asking permission, I appreciate your recognition of its copyright. Also, thanks for the nice compliment.

The poem is in the National Library of Poetry and has received previous printed publication. I shopped around a very long time for an online home for it when I found Washington Fly Fishing during its early development stages. I liked what I saw and Chris was interested in using it on the site. Consequently, I've given Chris the exclusive right to post it on Washington Fly Fishing. It would be unethical for me to grant publication/posting rights to someone else as long as Chris has the useage rights to it. I hope you understand and can accept my reason for having to deny your request.
  3. mr trout Trevor Hutton

Yakima, WA, USA.
    Of course thats Ok. I guess I will Have to rack my brain to write one now. Just kidding. maybe if I do I will post it on a message here for people to read (once I actually get around to writing it!) Best regards. - Trevor
  4. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +295 / 0
    Hi Trevor,

If you like I'll provide you a sub-site under this one. Wouldn't cost ya and at least you could get rid of the Hometown banner at the top of your site and use your own web tools.

Either way, tight lines.

~Chris
  5. mr trout Trevor Hutton

Yakima, WA, USA.
    I have sent you an E-mail in reply. Thanks - Trevor