Raft Covers?

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Josh P, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Looking to see if anyone knows if they make covers similar to to car covers for rafts that would fit over a NRS fishing frame?

2. Most likely have to be a custom job. Mine was. Other covers will be fit be trial and error.
    Have fun with the new boat.

024.JPG 025.JPG

Josh P likes this.
  3. I bought one of these when I got my raft six years ago. It started have some issues a couple of years into use.
    http://www.whitewaterdesigns.com/ho...lated_raft_storagetravel_cover13_14_wtie.html
    It completely fell apart this year. For the money I had had hoped it would have lasted longer.
    I went to WalMart and bought a car cover for $45.00.
    Home Depot and Lowes sell tarp clips. I attached carabiners to the clips, then clipped those to the trailer handles.
    It fits like a glove and so far so good. If it only last two or three years, I'll just go get another one.

Josh P likes this.
  4. Marine/boating canvas shops will take measurements off your raft and create a custom fit cover from Sunbrella fabric, or something similar. I don't know where you live, but shop around and you'll find plenty of them in the greater Puget Sound area that would be happy to have a customer, I would think.
    ...or, just do what Stonefish did for a less expensive option.
    Either way, your boat will be a lot happier and live a longer life if kept out of the sun and weather if kept with a cover over it.

Josh P likes this.
  5. Josh P likes this.
  6. How much did it cost you to have that one made?

7. Car cover
    So much cheaper and you can sinch if needed.
    Plus they are made for uv protecting lighter and roll up smaller.
    Also dry faster.
    110 $ for top of line compared to 325 $ boat or custom cover.
    There are better more useful tools you will need save yoyr money for that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2