REI number

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Steve Call, Nov 14, 2013.

1. surfnsully Active Member

Happy Valley, OR
    Ratings: +42 / 0
    My first time was in Berkely in 1980 :)
  2. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,685 / 0
    126 xxx in 1969. I still shop at REI a lot and use an REI Visa card, so I get 1% on every purchase. I get a nice dividend every year.

I used to know a guy who's number was 3xx. Truly an old fart.
  3. Dan Nelson Hiker, Fisher, Writer, Bum

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +345 / 5

I used to work with Ira -- we collaborated on some guidebook work at times, and I even spent some time developing film in his dark room, processing my photos alongside his. And I had some spirited (and at times very heated) arguments with Harvey Manning as well as hilarious discussions with Beckey. But Lou Whittaker takes the prize for most entertaining NW old timer I got to hang with.
  4. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +331 / 2
    I was having a brain fart yesterday. Funny, at the checkout I always remember the number. These senior moments are lasting longer.

Dan, I'm always happy to read your comments here. Glad you fish.
  5. Preston Active Member

Ratings: +463 / 0
  6. Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Ratings: +1,207 / 0
    Yes, everyone had numbers even Lloyd and Mary, I think maybe 1 & 2. Their daughter had a single digit number too. She was the single digit my coworker waited on; she came to the store for a special event 10-11 yrs ago. He was quite honored to assist her and it was pretty exciting - at least for all of us, lol.
  7. Chad Lewis NEVER wonder what to do with your free time

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +153 / 0
    Lloyd and Mary do have 1 and 2. Last I heard Mary is still alive, and they founded the co-op in '38! I've had a few four digit customers in Kennewick. Seattle area would definitely see more of the older members. I did ring up employee #32. Was a 30+ year employee that worked in the fixture shop. He had a card that entitled him to his employee discount for life, which I think you get at 30 years. For the record I joined in San Diego in '96 and have a member number that starts with 4 million.