Request for help recovering payment or rod from NewTyer1 aka Scott Martin

Discussion in 'Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing' started by Mayfly Aviator, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jersey livin' the dream

sonoma county
    Ratings: +69 / 0
    UNCLE

Since, you failed the "smell test" a while back, Scott, you DB, it's time to move forward.

Going the other way on this... Would someone please put me in touch with an organization where I can help out with Vets? Tying, casting, rod-building, fishing, cooking, whatever...I will step-up to volunteering supporting guys who faced and are facing things I have not.

Please fire off some contacts where I can help and or other resources where help is needed.

Hope others to follow.
    flyfishingeric1 and Bill Aubrey like this.
  2. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +565 / 0
    Scott Martin. You are complete SCUM.
  3. Thom Collins Active Member

Kirkland, WA
    Ratings: +65 / 0
    Had a few minutes to kill so I googled him. Banned from a few boards and crazy busy in the classified sections in others. While re-reading part of this thread I noticed a "Banned or Parked" label on his avatar. Part of me says good riddance and glad we're done with him. Another part says he is still a problem, just not to us. I had a Top that was fond of saying, "If you're not part of the solution then you're part of the problem." Maybe by tomorrow this won't seem like such a big deal and I'll regret posting this, but right now I wonder what if anything could/should be done to warn fellow anglers and worthwhile organizations elsewhere.
  4. rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Renton wa
    Ratings: +78 / 0
    I'm down, make good of a bad situation. Lets turn this puppy around boy's and gal's.
    AKA Jerry Daschofsky
    PHWFF NW Region
    C/O Jerry Daschofsky
    25902 70th Avenue East
    Graham, WA 98338
    flyfishingeric1 likes this.
  5. rockthief Fly fishing = food for my soul

Brownsville Oregon
    Ratings: +29 / 0
    Thom, I went to his facebook page and it is loaded with fly fishing organizations. The guy must do nothing but spend time online. OH, he also has a camping trailer, has money for vacation to Germany...
  6. rockthief Fly fishing = food for my soul

Brownsville Oregon
    Got some reels with line and all and will be sending to Jerry. Fellas we have some lemonade to make. We have the lemons. We just need a hell of a lot of sugar. Let's do it.
    Paul
    Bill Aubrey, Gary Knowels and bigdood like this.
  7. bigdood fishing hack

PDX, OR
    Ratings: +86 / 1
    Was actually thinking this. If every disgusted, pissed off person like myself in this 7 page long thread donated just a few hours or dollars....
  8. Thom Collins Active Member

Kirkland, WA
    Ratings: +65 / 0
    Not the best tyer but they catch fish. I'd donate some flies to the S.M. Recovery Project.
  9. rainbow My name is Mark Oberg

Renton wa
    Ratings: +78 / 0
    Like I said, "I'm down" I got like a few thousand or so surplus fly's and some reels I will send. Set a good example and others will follow. There isent a better bunch of guy's and gal's out there then on this forum. We could make a huge impact. And correct the wrong of others, Lets tip the scale.
    Gary Knowels likes this.
  10. rockthief Fly fishing = food for my soul

Brownsville Oregon
    gonna need a BIG container for all of this lemonade.
  11. Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

Ansbach, Germany
    Ratings: +401 / 16
    I like it. Shift the bad JuJu a little.
    bigdood likes this.
  12. Travis Bille Active Member

McKinleyville, CA
    Ratings: +362 / 0
    You bet!
  13. Trapper Badovinac Author, Writer, Photographer

Helena, Montana
    Ratings: +595 / 0
    Great idea to shift the focus from one bad apple to those guys who really need it like this guy who lost both legs in Iraq.

[IMG]

Trapper
    Brett Angel and Lugan like this.
  14. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Ratings: +766 / 2
    Yeah, if you are active on any other fishing forum, tell that forum about this guy! I did so at Fiberglass Flyrodders, and my post got a few responses indicating he had scammed folks there too. Some of them in turn posted on this WFF thread. That, my friends, is social networking put to good use!

http://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42971
  15. rockthief Fly fishing = food for my soul

Brownsville Oregon
    He is banned there as he should be and at flyanglers online which is where he attempted to gain favor and equipment at the expense of a good and heartfelt man who deserved the equipment.
    Doubt that PHW will be overwhelmed with gifts. Better yet that they would be. How grand would that be? We all have a dollar or a reel or a rod or feathers and thread or a vise we can spare. Cheers and good fishing to my Washington brethren. Oh hell, yes I am a Duck but hey, feathers is feathers. And I lived in Olympia ages ago so I suppose there is a dog or big cat hair on me somewhere. :D
  16. Bill Aubrey Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +165 / 0
    Welcome, gfen, and thanks for the info. Hope you'll stick around. This is a great forum with some awesome folks.
  17. Bill Aubrey Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +165 / 0
    I just posted a warning on the Utah Fly Fishing Forum.
  18. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    I let folks know on the other boards I visit.

So the guy made Sergeant E-5 in two years? Musta been blood stripes from all that combat duty.
  19. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +660 / 5
    Yes, NewTyer1 was banned/parked. Was due, and figured it was time. Didn't want anymore of the lies.

Onto S Fontinalis leaving. It's sad to see anyone leave. But think he was missing the bigger picture. We all have our opinions, but I'm assuming he's never really dealt first hand with a true "veteran". If he did, I doubt there would've even been the rant. And onto his rant, any mod will confirm that most who make that rant usually keep lurking or renew their membership. None ever truly leave. You may think otherwise, but the IP doesn't lie.

Onto this situation. This will get long winded, and I do apologize. I was not military. Have been surrounded by military my whole life, but I unfortunately did not serve. It's the cross I've had to bear my whole life, why I give back now. And yes, it's troubled me, it's something I've always wanted to do (serving our country). But maybe my calling may have been to do what I'm doing now (if you believe the universe already has plans for us). It's my way of telling the "sheepdog" that I the "sheep" truly appreciate the safety and comfort they have given me my whole life. I CAN NOT EVER give enough back to them. Anyone who's been in my camps or at tying with me, hopefully can see how much joy I get helping them out (and how hard I work to make the experience as enjoyable as possible). You will never hear me bitch once, even on a steelhead trip, being an oar bitch all day with a soldier in front and back of my drift boat while I never wet a line. Even on my favorite rivers the Hoh and the Nooch. Again, I can't ever repay the sacrifices they've made for me. Yes, I've heard "It's my job" or "You're doing too much", but I ALWAYS hear a thanks from those who truly act as the sheepdog. So when it comes to people who falsely state their veteran or disabled veteran status to dupe those who willingly give out of respect for the scammers "service" to our country, I get a bit pissy. And, I let this thread go, and warned the other mods as well. But already had word from other PHWFF groups and other flyfisherman across the US about Scott. But I didn't want to post anything until I got the word, via phone, about what I had heard was true. When I heard from two very reliable sources in and in association to PHWFF about Scott and what he claims "was a misunderstanding", I decided to let this thread live on. Glad I did, because people came out of the woodwork because of it. I'm hoping that S Fontinalis is still lurking and has read what true warriors have posted up (Ron Eagle Elk for one). They are the true judges, and their word should mean more then anyone elses on the matter. As mods, we can only do so much. This isn't a paying job where I'm on the computer 24/7. I volunteer here, like I do with PHWFF. My thanks is the occasional fishing trip with Chris Scoones (wait a tic, why the hell do I do all the rowing ya bastage ;) ). NONE of us get a paycheck for doing this job. I find nothing wrong with the way this thread was handled, it needed to be put out in public, since it's the PUBLIC who are being harmed. I wish I had a few days to do some heavy investigating on Scott. I only had a few minutes each day, and some time at my lunch surfing on my phone. I'm a UPS driver by trade, and after 10 hours in a UPS truck, I prefer to get home and spend time with my family and doing some PHWFF stuff (via emails about donations, programs, etc). Lastly, on this situation. I do have one observation. Those who truly served for the love of their country, ask for the least back (and NO, using your GI bill, VA benefits, etc is NOT asking for anything, it's using benefits you've well more then earned). I've done this program going on 7+ years now. There is definitely a pattern that emerges from those who wrote that "blank check" and those who really didn't do much. Those who gave so much of themselves usually ask for nothing. Hell, I know guys with multiple deployments, combat injured, you name it and won't take anything from us. Hell, I know a couple guys now who I literally had to say "TAKE IT, you've earned it!". I truly mean that, I have to tell them to their faces that they deserve these donations. Then, you have the guys who come into the program and want to be served hand and foot, and take so much (or expect so much) that it's almost sickening. Those who expect the most, so far (and this is my opinion so take it as you may) are the ones who really didn't do much in their deployments (if they deployed at all). I do have other surefire methods of spotting out fakers, I just don't want to put up a laundry list for those who may read this for "insider tips" to scam others.

Finally, onto Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing. Yes, that's my address above. If you want to send fishing gear, tying materials, etc, feel free. But please DO NOT send cash/checks to me for the program. Well, unless it's a thread where I'm asking for donations for situations like to differ food costs for the 2 Fly event we hold in Ellensburg each year. If you plan to donate cash you can find the info to do it via mail or electronic cash transfer here http://www.projecthealingwaters.org/Donate.aspx . You can ask to have the monies earmarked for our program by stating you want it to go to the NW Region. BUT, with the generosity of so many of you, you can simply donate money to the national level where it's evenly distributed. It's also thanks to so many of you on this website that has helped our NW Region stay away from our funding by supplying us with the gear we need through donations. Hell, and the donations of boats/rowers has been a huge help as well. I can't ever say thank you enough to all of you. This program has been a labor of love for me. Probably because I'm the last volunteer left of the old Red Cross group (pre Project Healing Waters) that was started up by Jesse Scott and Warren Perry as a rehab group to help those with TBI and other wounds affecting their coordination. I've been with PHWFF since day one here in the NW, and think of it as "my program". It's not "mine", but it means that much to me that I donate so much of my time (which, is money for me since I'm taking unpaid days off to do it on Tuesdays) to help our fine men and women of the US Armed Forces. If I can help just one, it makes all the difference. I've helped well more then that already, so the lost money doesn't matter to me. Again, I can never repay what these fine men and women have done for myself and this country. They've paid the ultimate price for my freedom, I want them to know that some of us appreciate all veterans (current military AND all of you who are veterans from years past).

I'll finish this up with a big THANK YOU too all our Armed Forces, and to those of you who served in the past. Those of you who never got that thanks when you came home so many years ago, realize that some of us appreciate what you've done.
  20. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +970 / 1
    Let's hope he now reaps what he sowed. Probably he lives in Nigeria and not Virginia like he claimed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.