Restoration Information on Silver Creek, Idaho

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Vladimir Steblina, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Thanks for the link Vladmir. That's an amazing partnership.

I feel like my skill isn't quite high enough to justify a trip to Silver, but maybe next year.

2. Every time I stop there, the trout not only use their Ph.D's, but also their ESP... :)

Mark Mercer and Patrick Gould like this.
  3. Silver Creek? I'm not sure I've heard of that one. Is it good fishing?

4. No, unless you hit a hatch that makes them reckless. Mostly just frustrating:)

Steve Call and Mark Mercer like this.
  5. Actually, I was seeing if anyone would bite and wonder what the heck I'm talking about. My avatar photo was taken there. It's the sign before you get to the Preserve's visitor center. Believe me, I know about the frustrating part. However, my second cast the first time I fished the creek, I caught a 22" rainbow. I thought what's so hard about this place? :confused:

6. I once had a 20+ inch brown nudge my hopper there. I considered that touch a victory after two days of landing two 6" trout and otherwise being frustrated.

Ron McNeal likes this.
  7. I loooooveee that stream. It's more than just flyfishing to tour the Nature Conservancy portion, nature at it's best. I've never actually fished the float tube section, but agree that water that's too warm for rainbows is a threat. Don't mean to brag, but I've caught some great fish on that stream fishing drys.

Hope all goes well with the project. Can't thank the Nature Conservancy and it's supporters enough for saving that section from development. Around Sun Valley, there were plenty of folks with enough bucks to close that off from the public, which has happened so often to western spring creeks.

8. Ya know. It's just a nice place to be, fish or no fish. I just haven't hit a good hatch, if hardly any when I have stopped there in late September. Just my luck of the draw. I highly recommend a stop. You will in enjoy it regardless. Free camping nearby too!!! I always forget the name of the place at the hatchery. A couple years back I rose a few big boys, but they immediately broke me off! Boink!!!!
    I think on a "buggy" day, one could have a good time.