Retirement Fishing Party Rocky ford in Feb

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by William Wallace, Jan 4, 2014.

1. William Wallace Active Member

Chesterton IN
    Ratings: +200 / 0
    To all.

I have request my retirement from the Coast Guard after 22 years of service. Looks like my retirement will be July 1st.

So, I am getting a few friends and my brother to hit Rocky Ford for a great last fling. We will be staying over night in Ephrata! I will post when actual date is.

It will be just an eventful day, fun talking, fishing and getting to know one another. I hope not to be loud and annoy anyone, but if anyone knows me I like to have fun. I take fishing serious, but fun is always apart of my seriousness.

My family and I will be moving back to Chesterton Indiana (July), so anyone in the area beware I will be back and lets get up together and have fun!

William
    formerguide likes this.
  2. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +683 / 5
    Depends on the date i may be able to make it. One of my soldiers are due in and should have leave at that time. I owe him a trip.
  3. William Wallace Active Member

Chesterton IN
    Jerry,

Understand that whole heartedly! Would be great if you could show but understand. Would love to be with you at some of your visits. Just give me a message and I would love to be there, in uniform if necessary !

William

P.S. by the way I am going through some of my fishing stuff and will have some things to donate to the cause. I know I could get money for this if sold but to donate back to your cause means a lot more. I will have some rods and reels going your way!
  4. Eric Denny It's summer time I'm fishing!!

Spokane, WA.
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    Please let me know the date and I will see if I can make it I really enjoy meeting new ppl.
  5. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,025 / 1
  6. John Wallace Active Member

Bellevue,Wa.
    Ratings: +62 / 1
    I think one of the times maybe the late in the month of Feb. Maybe one of the last two weeks of Feb. I sure he will post more.
  7. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +524 / 0
    Before the snakes awake ;)
  8. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +786 / 1
    What takes you to Indiana and away from the fishing mecca of the Rocky Mountain West?
  9. NukeLDO Member

West Richland, WA
    Ratings: +27 / 0
    Congratulations on your retirement. 22 years is no small accomplishment...thanks for your service. As a recent 26 year retiree, I can definitely say life gets better. Enjoy!
    And dependent on the date, I may be a "show" as well.
  10. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +167 / 1
    I should be home in February. I'm not retired but I'm in for some fishing and meeting new folks.

Bob
  11. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +683 / 0
    I'd like to participate, but may not be fully-recovered from surgery on my casting arm. Please keep me posted. Congrats on your pending retirement.
  12. William Wallace Active Member

Chesterton IN
    Again thank you all for your replies. I am leaving today for 3 weeks to go to LA/LB area for CG Inspections. Will be back around the 25th Jan. By then I will have a more definite date on when we will be going over and will post.

Have a good Jan fishing! cause I will have no time while in LA/LB, maybe may go to the casting club and see what's brewing over there! If I cant log on while away I will have my brother "John Wallace" post for me.

William
    Jerry Daschofsky likes this.
  13. golfman44 Coho Queen

Kirkland
    Ratings: +1,072 / 0
    Damn. My casting mentor is leaving me? I'm destined for a life of collapsing loops and skunkings.

I'm there
  14. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +1,025 / 1
    Bring along a kid to cast for you, then all you need to do is mend and set the hook.
  15. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Can I call you "Kid?" And will you bring me beer/whiskey on command?
    triploidjunkie likes this.
  16. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +683 / 5
    I'll make it a point to go either way. I was just mentioning I have a soldier coming in from Afghanistan I wanted to take steelheading on his return.
  17. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    And I'll forgo fishing to help him, Jerry. I sincerely doubt that I'll be able to cast, but I'll surely be able to assist should you folks decide to head to the Ford. Helping a soldier fish beats me fishing hands-down & every time.
  18. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,334 / 0
    I'll cast for you, and pass the flask once in awhile. Depending on when you go, it may be my birthday. Traditionally we go skiing somewhere on my birthday. This year it may be fishing.
  19. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +167 / 1
    I'll bring a net and some PBR's. I can forgo some fishing to help as well!
  20. Theron Active Member

Near Coupeville, WA
    Ratings: +117 / 0
    Congrats on your retirement. I will not be in Washington until April otherwise I would try to join you. Thank you for your service.