Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

reverse spider?

5K views 30 replies 15 participants last post by  metalhead 
#1 ·
Can someone describe a reverse spider please? Or post a pic or a link to a pic? I hear a lot of people mention them for searuns but I haven't found one in any of my books or on any websites. My typical searun pattern is a standard Knudsen's spider, or a close variation.

#29 ·
Reeltrout : Go see Mike Kinney at Creekside. Some credit Mike with the creation of this fly. It is really a weird looking fly with hackle tied forward of the head of the hook. I learned how to tie it a month ago but missed the sea run cutt fishing due to extended soccer season. Good luck.

You might also try Swede's fly shop in Woodinville for materials.

#30 ·
Here's a photo of a couple of reverse spiders that I tied. They were inspired by Preston's directions, the examples I saw at Patrick's Fly Shop, and the picture in the Inland Empire Fly Fishing Club's _Flies of the Northwest_. I am far from an expert tier, and these are hardly as nice as the ones I saw at Partick's (done with Amherst feathers) or the one in Flies of the Northwest. Still, I hope they will soon earn me some SRC's in the near future. I hope the photo works out. It was shot at the lowest resolution setting on my digital camera just to make the size limitation for photos.

Tight Lines!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.