Rivers fishable

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Old Man, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    What do I know---I'm just an old man

Went out looking for places to fish and most local rivers(Everett area) are running high and a dirty brown color.So we went over to the Skagit and fished. The river above Rockport is clear and just up a little. And the river is still full of Chums. Went by the Sauk on the way and it is also clear and up a little. And fishable. I thought that with all of the rain it would wash all of the dead chums out but that didn't happen.While most rivers are trying to get over their banks these two are in good shape.

Jim

My fishing is getting better,had one on and had another bump.

2. lastcall

lastcall Member

I floated the Skagit from Marblemount to Rockport with 2 other fly types yesterday. The water was up about a foot to 16" above where it was Sunday when I fished. It was raining most of the day but had a good time. When we pulled out at Steelheader park there was a small island at the base of the ramp. When we returned from getting the truck at Marblemount the island was almost gone. During the last part of the float we saw alot of stuff in the river, small logs, dead leaves etc. Caught a few chums, dollies and white fish.

3. Luv2Spey

Luv2Spey Member

The green river is in great shape (as you would expect of a tailwater fishery). Went there today with a friend who was gear fishing for Chum. Didn't see as many chum as we had anticipated.

Cheers,

Michael