Sacramento CA work trip

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by jugshead00, Jan 31, 2013.

1. jugshead00

jugshead00 New Member

I'll be in sacramento the first week in April 2013 wanting to know if its worth taking some gear with me
    I should have 4 or 5 hours each evening and a company truck to get around. Any one have any ideas?

2. Robert Engleheart

Robert Engleheart Robert

Absof'nlutely!
    http://www.kiene.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?25-General-Topics
    Post up on Kiene's, nice folk if you mind your P's & Q's. Bill Kiene has retired but keeps active on the forum. Tim Fox (Fox's Poobah) is now managing the store, a class act. Staff are great. There's a lot of fishing around, stop in the shop for the latest.
    Plenty of opportunity, depends a lot on snowmelt; that could be beginning of run-off. That said, the Yuba, Feather rivers and various forks of the American can be very good that time of year,think tailwaters. The sierra streams may be a little early. Some LM Bass around then as well.
    A local blogger & tier who keeps pretty current and keeps in touch with LMB action.
    http://www.hgbflyfishing.blogspot.com/

3. fyshhead

fyshhead New Member

Yes, bring some gear! We have spring steelhead that should be in the river at that time. Very hot fish, but range from 3-6lbs with some occasional bigger fish . Swing some soft hackles & sculpins. Floating line in the morning and evenings , but pack some tips as well. We will have Stripers showing up as well.

rwbailey05 and Jeff Dodd like this.
  4. Alex MacDonald

Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Media:
    I still miss the East fork of the Carson, but it's snowed under right now. Of course that would require a trip down there, and CA's the last place I'd want to visit!

Robert, if you run into Bill, please tell him Ron Hayashi would say "hi". Last I heard, Ron and Cindy were in Eugene.