NFR SageOne

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Dipnet, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Silverdale, WA
    Ratings: +370 / 0
    No, the title isn't a typo.

Just heard a radio ad for this business and thought "Hmmm....isn't this some sort of copyright or trademark infringement?"

http://www.sageone.com/
  2. chief Active Member

Portland, OR
    Ratings: +123 / 1
    I don't think the Bainbridge Island Sage would want to stir that hornet's nest.......
  3. Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Silverdale, WA
    Ratings: +370 / 0
    Yeah, you're probably right.

Bainbridge Sage (which is just a few miles up the road from me) has been around since 1980 and the other business since 1981.

I don't know when the One rod was introduced but I expect the two businesses have not butted heads too much in the last 30+ years given the different markets in which they exist!

Although usually the truck radio is just background noise to me, this time my ears really perked up when I heard "Sage One"!
  4. scottr Active Member

Chasing trout and birds
    Ratings: +104 / 0
    Trademarks cover a wide level of product/service classes so Sage One is a trademark of Sage Fly Fishing filed with the USPTO for the product class for sporting goods. There may be a other Sage One trademarks owned by other companies for other product classes (financial services, food, consrtuction etc).

Typically you can't copyright two common words used together (like stop light).